Glidden Semi-Gloss Latex and holding up just great! And I occasionally wash all surfaces (including walls) with straight bleach. Because that's what I do in bathrooms and kitchens
You're wasting money by using straight bleach but that's the least of the problem.
"Depends on the concentration of the bleach you inhaled. A little whiff won't do harm. Lengthy exposure to high concentration bleach can damage the airway and lungs quite severely."
A mixture between 4-1 to 8-1 will do all you want it to do.
Many people over use bleach by using it full strength and 50/50 which is still way too high a concentrate.
Sodium hypochlorite is a dangerous chemical.
edit: Maybe even 10-1.