ryobi cs26 weedeater

Posted by: Deb852

ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/24/12 04:15 PM

I have a Ryobi Gas trimmer CS26 RY26500B weedeater.. My weedeater starts then about 5 minutes later dies off.. I also have a hard time starting it on.. But when it is on, then dies off.. I have no problem starting back on when its hot.. I need help!! Why does it die off on me?
Posted by: mommapup.

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/25/12 05:16 AM

The gas cap vent may be plugged. Try loosening it a bit and see if it runs longer.

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/25/12 10:31 PM

Wheres is this located at? Whats the ratio of gas oil mix for this type of weedeater. ?
Posted by: saugen48

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/26/12 04:41 AM

Hole on the top of the gas cap....50:1 using proper 2 cycle engine mixing oil

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/26/12 03:09 PM

I did this loosing it up and still no luck.. It keeps on stalling...:(

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/26/12 06:33 PM

Did you use stabilizer when you stored the weedeater after last use???If not, the gas has probably broken down and the carb requires a cleaning...Is this fresh gas you are using or still the old stuff
Posted by: JasonB

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/27/12 05:05 AM

I'd like to know how this problem came to be. Is this machine just out of off-season storage, or has this developed during regular use? when did it last run correctly?

J
Posted by: CabinConnection

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/27/12 07:38 AM

Originally Posted By: JasonB
I'd like to know how this problem came to be. Is this machine just out of off-season storage, or has this developed during regular use? when did it last run correctly?

Agree. And stale gas doesn't usually create problems like what the OP is describing. It's more a hard start issue. Like Boz, from the original post, I first thought a venting problem as well. But could be a filter or fuel pick-up issue...

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/27/12 08:11 AM

Or ignition.
Posted by: CabinConnection

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/27/12 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By: JasonB
Or ignition.

Yep, except for this: "I have no problem starting back on when its hot.."

DOUBT it's air, so it's gotta be either fuel or ignition. wink

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/27/12 03:47 PM

OP must have ran away....

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/28/12 05:10 AM

Eh, they may return. Could be a weekend persuit for'em.

J

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/28/12 11:31 AM

Im back.. So whats it gonna be.? I hear fuel carburetor problems, ignition, If so, Wheres the ignition?...Stale gas, Ive changed the gas and no luck, with so many could've been, And yall just guessing.. Please give me the correct answer and stop guessing... This weekend requires some long [censored] fixing with so many guesses..

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/28/12 12:38 PM

Deb,

You have to provide us information in order for us to come to a correct solution. The most important question to be answered is above. I'll repeat it here:

"I'd like to know how this problem came to be. Is this machine just out of off-season storage, or has this developed during regular use? when did it last run correctly?"

Surely you understand that we cannot see/smell/touch your particular machine, and thus what you tell us is all we can go on. It may take a few itterations of test/result/recommendation to come to the ultimate solution.

The history of the problem is the first step. The problem you've described can be caused by a few different things.

If the machine is just out of off-season storage, it's quite likely a problem related to fuel degradation. This can result in simply needing to switch out the fuel, or if worse, can require a complete carburetor rebuild and fuel line replacement.

If it was running fine and just began quitting regularly, it could be another set of issues, perhaps ignition related, or perhaps fuel system related. The fuel pickup could have simply fallen off in the tank, or a fuel line could be pinholed.

Stick with us, we'll solve the problem. If you're in a hurry for easy answers, pay your local repair man instead. He'll do the same thing, but without the time required for the back and forth that solving this by internet forum will require.

Given the chance and a willing OP, our success rate in small engine repair is quite good, and very economical.

J

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/28/12 01:13 PM

Okay, I will get back with yall.. Thanks for your patience!!

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 02/28/12 01:21 PM

Great!

Now....

J
Posted by: Fred1

Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater - 05/30/13 06:32 PM

I had a problem with my CS26 that it would run for about 5 minutes and then just stop until cool again. Turned out to be a cracked spark plug, not a fuel problem. Cheap to try...