Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (Able_Dog, 1 invisible), 48 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#98853 - 08/16/04 02:37 PM GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher Help Needed
sassyjerseygrl Offline
first timer

I recently bought a used GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher from a Garage Sale/Ebay listing. We got it home - it looks fine - but we can not figure out how to connect properly to the sink. It has the connector peice built in - if that makes sense - supposedly it attaches to a regular sink faucet - but when we do this and turn on the water - it sprays out everywhere - I am so confused.

#98854 - 08/16/04 06:12 PM Re: GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher Help Needed
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ont Canada
Hi,

In reply to:

GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher

Cute names, model#?

Some model# helps

In reply to:

It has the connector peice built in - if that makes sense - supposedly it attaches to a regular sink faucet

Should be an screw on faucet adaptor/end that screws onto your sink arm and the hose coupler from the d/w clips onto the adaptor/end.

In reply to:

it sprays out everywhere

Something worn/missing/broken?

I grabbed a new portable dishwasher manual from thier web site as it should at least give you an idea how to hook up the faucet and hose ( Acrobat reader required to view )

jeff.

#98855 - 10/01/09 07:37 AM Re: GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher Help Needed [Re: sassyjerseygrl]
twotone2000 Offline
first timer

I don't recall how I found out or found it, but u have to get a faucet adaptor that screws on to the faucet. I believe it cost me $17.00 back in the late 90's and I may have called GE customer service about the same problem and they forwarded me to the appropriate company. Hope that helps.

#98856 - 11/01/09 02:33 PM Re: GE Potscrubber 700 portable Dishwasher Help Needed [Re: twotone2000]
s1339 Offline
first timer

FYI, you can find the adapters at Lowes. I just bought a used GE Potscrubber & didn't have the adapter. I found another link (can't remember where) that showed me what the adapter should look like. I wish I had looked at that link before my first trip to Home Depot - close but not quite right. But, the link to the manual in an earlier thread helped me understand how to connect it to the faucet.

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.