Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (e_a_g_l_e_p_i, AnthraciteSparky), 236 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#943154 - 08/09/18 12:37 PM Refrigerator Heater Mullion
Yort
Unregistered

Long story short, I have a Frigidaire refrigerator with freezer on top. The people that sold me the house left the refrigerator in the garage but had unplugged it with food inside!
The food thawed and the slime dripped into the area where heater mullion is located. There was a strip of insulation that was between the heater and Styrofoam insulation of the freezer. I had to remove this insulation because it was saturated with smelly slime, I then replaced it with a strip of cardboard. I'm now a little concerned that the cardboard might smolder or ignite. Does the heater mullion get hot enough to do this?

#943176 - 08/09/18 10:15 PM Re: Refrigerator Heater Mullion [Re: Anonymous]
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ont Canada
Hi,

Quote:
I'm now a little concerned that the cardboard might smolder or ignite. Does the heater mullion get hot enough to do this?

No it does not.
But cardboard can absorb odours and give them off and probably doesn't not offer much in a way of insulation ability.

jeff.

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.