Handyman Wire

Who's Online
0 registered (), 200 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#942047 - 07/11/18 07:25 AM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: notnew2diy]
kodak_jack Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Rochester,NY
I hate to admit it, but over the years, I have applied enough Weed B Gone in the same areas that the distinctive smell is always there, yet, I still get weeds coming right back again!!!

#942072 - 07/11/18 03:38 PM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: kodak_jack]
notnew2diy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: harvard, il.
Originally Posted By kodak_jack
I hate to admit it, but over the years, I have applied enough Weed B Gone in the same areas that the distinctive smell is always there, yet, I still get weeds coming right back again!!!

When I lived in a subdivision, I always used Scott's weed-n-feed products for my front yard. Used a broadcast spreader, follow package directions. Nice, thick, weed free, dark green lawn that had to be cut every 4-5 days.

Your veronica almost kinda sounds like creeping charlie, except for the moist part.

HTH...good luck...notnew...

#942929 - 08/02/18 03:55 PM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: CabinConnection]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
KJ - you laid the kiss of death this way!

I've "always" used Weed-B-Gon. Forever! Dispensed via the Ortho Dial-A-Spray that I've referenced before.

Last application was as if I didn't put anything down at all!

I suspect it was last year's inventory, that froze over the winter...

#942945 - 08/02/18 09:39 PM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: CabinConnection]
yardmaster Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Between a Rock and a Hard Plac...
Originally Posted By CabinConnection
KJ - you laid the kiss of death this way!

I've "always" used Weed-B-Gon. Forever! Dispensed via the Ortho Dial-A-Spray that I've referenced before.

Last application was as if I didn't put anything down at all!

I suspect it was last year's inventory, that froze over the winter...

I literally just read about not letting prior year's stock to freeze. Explains why my spray doesn't seem to be working this year also....and I haven't even opened the "refill gallon" that came with purchase.

Thank you Mods for all that you do!

#942952 - 08/03/18 06:59 AM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: yardmaster]
notnew2diy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"not letting prior year's stock to freeze."....

Different products I know,
accidentally frozen in the garage, the remnants of quart bottles,
concentrated Round Up and Ortho Ground Clear.
Next spring...
The RU was not as potent as usual.
The GC still killed anything it touched.

FWIW...notnew...

#944056 - 08/30/18 06:28 PM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: kodak_jack]
kodak_jack Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Rochester,NY
I am fortunate enough that I can store all of my gardening "stuff" in my basement where it doesn't freeze. That doesn't mean the stores don't put their inventory away in trailers for the Winter. Who knows?
With regard to Round Up and a LOT of other garden liquids, it kind of frosts my behind the amount of liquid you cannot get to pump out or spray from their containers. In most cases, you can't get the top off to combine what's left into another container.

Edited by kodak_jack (08/30/18 06:31 PM)

#944059 - 08/30/18 06:53 PM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: kodak_jack]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
With regard to Round Up and a LOT of other garden liquids, it kind of frosts my behind the amount of liquid you cannot get to pump out or spray from their containers. In most cases, you can't get the top off to combine what's left into another container.

I use concentrate and hose end sprayers like shown below. (There is a newer looking style now.) I have 4-5 of them, each dedicated to the purpose (weed, indiscriminate, bug, etc.) Get every last bit...

#944072 - 08/31/18 07:50 AM Re: Weed B Gone vs. Weed B Gone Max [Re: kodak_jack]
notnew2diy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have never used the pre-mix, nor the item Cab showed.
Neither fit my needs.

Early spring, I buy RU in 1/2 gallon concentrate.
If needed, I'll buy a 1 quart RU concentrate if I use the 1/2 gallon.
Once I bought a 2.5 gal Tractor Supply generic version of RU.
While it did work well, took a week or so before I saw effects.

I've had a 1 quart ground clear concentrate for a few years now.

Each has it's own 2 gallon garden pump sprayer.
I also have same size sprayer for Sevin.

A 2 gal pump for Dawn soap and water to kill box elder bugs outside.

Watch for sales, ACE hardware had Hudson sprayers for $8.00.

All concentrates, along w/spray paint cans and such, go in a plastic milk crate, normally stored in my barn, over winter in basement.

HTH...have fun...notnew...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Tindelwood, CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.