Handyman Wire

Who's Online
3 registered (code_ceis, 2 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Topic Options
#936182 - 03/29/18 10:15 AM legal stuff
moematte Offline

Registered: 06/16/04
Posts: 393
Loc: Ma, usa
this may not be the place to ask this but worth a try
I would like to know how to remove personal info from the web like arrest reports tickets etc when i do a GOOGLE search by name it all comes up and would like to remove contents is this possible???
thanks for any help

#936183 - 03/29/18 10:23 AM Re: legal stuff [Re: moematte]
bilvihur Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Registered: 02/04/05
Posts: 3382
Loc: Hudson Valley, New York
You would have to go to EACH website and ASK them to remove it from their site. If they're getting the information from public records, then you have to ask that jurisdiction to remove it from their records.
MSI Mobo, Phenom II CPU, Win 7/64 Premium, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Chrome, Avast, Malwarebytes

#936204 - 03/29/18 07:27 PM Re: legal stuff [Re: moematte]
code_ceis Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Registered: 04/29/09
Posts: 11862
Loc: muttonville,ny
If it is public record and is correct you cannot remove it. Sorry.

You would need to ask the court to vacate the charge.
"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." - Hippolyte Taine

“I always get to where I’m going by walking away from where I’ve been.”
— Winnie the Pooh

#936638 - 04/07/18 04:47 PM Re: legal stuff [Re: moematte]
Chas311 Offline

Registered: 06/29/04
Posts: 1201
Loc: NE Illinois&West Central Minne...
There is a difference between "vacate" and what I think you would like to see happen, that being "expungement", where the record completely disappears as if the incident never happened. Procedures and cost vary from state to state. Vacate usually refers to the outcome of the charge being voided and/or changed or reported differently. Public records can be removed if they can be expunged.

Edited by Chas311 (04/07/18 04:49 PM)


Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.