Handyman Wire

Who's Online
5 registered (Plants, pennypicher, 3 invisible), 226 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#932545 - 02/08/18 07:06 PM Toyota Highlander
Bob_Q Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Albany area,New York
Local Toyota dealer. Very reputable. Where we bought our Camry. Manager/part owner I've known since he was a kid.
02 Highlander,140k,showroom clean,just came in so I only just saw it on their website.
Emailed them with the query; Bottom line.Cash
Asked the person that gets it to forward it to my friend.
Doesn't cost anything to find out.(shrug)

ToyotaofCliftonPark

#932546 - 02/08/18 07:10 PM Re: Toyota Highlander [Re: Bob_Q]
Bob_Q Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I'm always checking Facebook Marketplace. You CAN get some good deals if you are careful, AND quick.
The problem is,people post on there when they really need extra cash. It's like they want the item sold yesterday. You text and they want to know how fast you can get there.

#932573 - 02/09/18 11:01 AM Re: Toyota Highlander [Re: Bob_Q]
Bob_Q Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I talked to a salesman I know at the dealer this morning. He's not familiar with the Highlander,as it just came in a short time ago,but is going to check it out for me,and see what he can do with the price.
At my age I don't need a new car. Got one nice one already. Just need something dependable to get to work and home,and throw some tools in the back to help out at my s'daughters.

#932638 - 02/10/18 10:40 AM Re: Toyota Highlander [Re: Bob_Q]
Bob_Q Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Missed this one the first time around; 08 Rav4.121k on it for $8500,v6-269hp,no rust,no dents,needs tires,taillight lens,and a few other small things before they will let me have it.
Can't haggle much over the price because they had already dropped it 600 below market,and are replacing/fixing the above items. The tires are still legal,but if they want to replace them,better for me.
This is the first time in 40 years of marriage I have bought a car for ME thru a dealersip. Always either got one cheap or free,drove it,wore it out,junked it,and started all over again.
Too old for that game!!

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.