Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (geraldreds, BigJohnfromNY, code_ceis, 1 invisible), 230 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 139 of 142 < 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 142 >
Topic Options
#928217 - 12/06/17 05:51 PM Re: Political Thread [Re: Coachboon70]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: So. Florida
Originally Posted By Coachboon70
You're right, I think it was Strzok who re-wrote the HRC findings. He would probably take the fifth. (Unless "someone" threatened his family or finances as they did to Flynn). But Mueller, Comey, Strzok, Rosenstein are all buddies; so he may have nothing to worry about either way.

Comey as head of the FBI was well aware of the distinction and the edit was not slipped in without him being aware, so it was ultimately Comey's decision to use those words.

Mueller "canned" Strzok when he became aware of his partiality which was improper and has no place in the FBI. You're painting with too broad a brush.

BTW, I totally agree that the IRS people were wrong and hopefully have been dealt with.

#928225 - 12/06/17 11:01 PM Re: Political Thread [Re: Able_Dog]
Coachboon70 Offline

Loc: Ashburn, VA

Not painting with a broad brush as you suggested. My roommate's brother is an FBI agent, so I know all these guys are not alike. Most of these guys are long-term friends/ buddies. [I do not have any inside information, but I just happen to beleive Strzok would take the fifth.]

BTW, I am pretty sure Mueller was well aware of who he "Hired"/ then subsequently "Transferred" to another department, before he "Canned" him.

#928226 - 12/06/17 11:42 PM Re: Political Thread [Re: Coachboon70]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"BTW, I am pretty sure Mueller was well aware of who he "Hired"/ then subsequently "Transferred" to another department, before he "Canned" him.

Explain how the above has anything to do with Popadopoulos lying and pleading guilty, Flynn lying and pleading guilty, Manafort possibly looking at 80 years in prison. EVERYONE initially saying there was no contact with the Russians and it turns out at last count was nine people in the Trump organization and THIRTY meetings.

Trying to discredit Mueller who is probably more highly regarded than 99% of the people in government is a weak attempt to deflect.

#928227 - 12/07/17 01:05 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: Able_Dog]
Joe_Guy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Redwood City CA
I watched Hannity for about 5 minutes last night and he could barely contain himself as he went on and on about how corrupt Mueller is and how great Trump is.

I guess if you don’t like the facts, the only defense is to claim there is a conspiracy.

#928228 - 12/07/17 01:23 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: Joe_Guy]
JimTheTinkerer Offline
" Humming Bulb "
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: US
I wonder who they will say is
'faking' when Trump promised more help
for homeless veterans:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/06/homeless-veterans-benefits-trump-207781

And then cut it!
What kind of conspiracy theory can put underpants
on that horror-show? How's that 'grab' ya, vets?

I thought Trump-eters were tire of promises and wanted results.
They love lies and abuse, methinks.
They are going to get a little tax cut and then a whopping tax hike,
too, most likely. They love a liar, a con-man, and a bully.

#928231 - 12/07/17 01:49 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: Able_Dog]
Coachboon70 Offline

Loc: Ashburn, VA
Wow, sorry, my intent was to agree with SuenMark98. Didn't mean to paint with a broad brush, deflect, run down a rabbit trail, etc. Mearly commenting/ agreeing with SuenMark98 that '...some FBI Execs didn't want to talk about abusing their authority....'

Strzok pleading the fifth is just a possibility. Same with Trump, HRC, and DOJ operatives, etc.

BTW
No harm intended. Just agreeing with one Handymanwire poster & disagreeing with another. I Really don't mind your opinion. "Painting with a broad brush" & "deflecting" , OK! NP! That's fair. Your comments are thoughtful & impressive.

Edited by CabinConnection (12/07/17 09:35 AM)
Edit Reason: See PM I sent you.

#928234 - 12/07/17 08:12 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: Coachboon70]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#928236 - 12/07/17 08:26 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: Joe_Guy]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By Joe_Guy
I watched Hannity for about 5 minutes last night and he could barely contain himself as he went on and on about how corrupt Mueller is and how great Trump is.

I guess if you don’t like the facts, the only defense is to claim there is a conspiracy.

When Mueller was chosen he got tremendous bi-partisan support. The general opinion from both sides of the aisle was that you could not get any better than him.

Quote:
Robert Swan Mueller III (/ˈmʌlər/; born August 7, 1944) is an American lawyer and civil servant who was the sixth Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 2001 to 2013. A Republican, he was appointed by President George W. Bush and his original ten-year term was given a two-year extension by President Barack Obama, making him the longest-serving FBI director since J. Edgar Hoover. He is currently head of the Special Counsel investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.

A graduate of Princeton University, Mueller served as a Marine Corps officer during the Vietnam War, receiving the Bronze Star Medal with Combat "V" for heroism and the Purple Heart Medal.

#928244 - 12/07/17 10:19 AM Re: Political Thread [Re: JimTheTinkerer]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Well DT Jr didn't need the 5th, he used "attorney client privilege" which had no legal basis (conversation between him and his father). Republicans let him get away with it, they run the show.

Pretty obvious why you need Mueller.

#928254 - 12/07/17 02:25 PM Re: Political Thread [Re: Able_Dog]
Joe_Guy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Redwood City CA
Especially since "Attorney-Client Privilege" only protects the Attorney from having to reveal what he and his client have discussed. The client can't use it as a reason to not answer a question.

The Trump administration is a madhouse.

Page 139 of 142 < 1 2 137 138 139 140 141 142 >

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Chris, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.