Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (bilvihur, 1 invisible), 181 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
New Reply
Topic Options
#926880 - 11/13/17 02:22 PM Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door)
GlazierGuy007 Offline

So I work for a glazing company, which my grandparents own. They're set in their ways and if they can't find the part I'm looking for, we can't get it. I'm trying to find out if anyone knows any website to be able to search for this wheel for a friend's door. I took out the old wheel and replaced it with a plastic one. The wheel assembly is still metal, but the one side broke off. When I put the door back into the frame, the screw head holding the wheel under the door popped off (I don't think I over tightened it, they're just crummy screws).

That's a picture of the wheel. It's a two part wheel, the two pieces slide into each other. The door only has wheels on the bottom. So all I need to do is know where to look to find two replacement wheels. Or if anyone knows what kind I should be looking for. The strybuc catalog at work only seems to carry the new wheels.

Edited by CabinConnection (11/13/17 02:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Corrected photo link

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#926881 - 11/13/17 02:53 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: GlazierGuy007]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
Welcome to HW.

Can you identify the door make/model and age?

#926884 - 11/13/17 03:50 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: GlazierGuy007]
JMac Offline
Super Handyman

Loc: Cary, North Carolina

#926895 - 11/13/17 05:34 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: JMac]
Just_Bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Wilmington, Delaware
There should be a name somewhere, but often not. I hate when people are ashamed to identify their products. Another try, swisco.com, door/window hardware.

#926907 - 11/13/17 07:15 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: JMac]
GlazierGuy007 Offline

I went through the part list and didn't see mine, thanks for the help though!

#926908 - 11/13/17 07:16 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: CabinConnection]
GlazierGuy007 Offline

The house interior walls are made of plaster rather than drywall, so I suspect very old. I couldn't find a name listed anywhere on the door.
@CabinConnection , and thanks for the welcoming.

Edited by GlazierGuy007 (11/13/17 07:17 PM)

#926959 - 11/14/17 10:07 AM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: GlazierGuy007]
JMac Offline
Super Handyman

Loc: Cary, North Carolina
You might want to give them a call. They might have some suggestions on something you could retro-fit.

#926984 - 11/14/17 03:47 PM Re: Door wheel for sliding glass door (old door) [Re: GlazierGuy007]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
Originally Posted By GlazierGuy007
I couldn't find a name listed anywhere on the door.

Sometimes it's on a hinge, or etched in the glass, or on the top edge, or not at all... whistle

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is disabled

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.