Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (code_ceis, BigJohnfromNY), 196 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#924085 - 10/03/17 08:42 PM Re: PVC extension for spa pump [Re: jaysmom49]
jaysmom49 Offline

enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey
https://imgur.com/a/XKoky

Somehow I managed to add this to another post and I think copy over the other pic.

This is with the pump closer to the connections. The one side lines up perfectly but the other is at an odd angle. Short of lifting up the tub (which I can't do) and running new pvc, I'm stuck.

Edited by jaysmom49 (10/03/17 08:49 PM)

#924284 - 10/05/17 10:19 PM Re: PVC extension for spa pump [Re: jaysmom49]
jaysmom49 Offline

enthusiast

I think I've got it BUT will a 4" run of flex pvc flex enough for 1/8"? Trying to work this out before I glue.

#924768 - 10/11/17 08:22 AM Re: PVC extension for spa pump [Re: jaysmom49]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
Originally Posted By jaysmom49
Still struggling to get the union to meet squarely with the pump end. I'm "off" maybe 1/8". I bought a piece of pvc flexible pipe but it doesn't seem to be quite as flexible as I need it to be. Is there a way to heat it to make it bend just that little bit? I can bend it to what I need if I put all my weight on it but that's impossible once I connect it to the spa. Pics are in my other post.
Thanks for any ideas.

Originally Posted By FredDwyer
Heat it in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes.

#924770 - 10/11/17 08:29 AM Re: PVC extension for spa pump [Re: jaysmom49]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
There are flexible hoses designed for spa applications available. A shelf item at big box stores in many regions. Google "flexible spa hose".

You also can re-do those PVC pipes, make a custom PVC union, and/or relocate the pump.

Post a photo from farther back. Let us see how much room you have.

Also, in one of your photos above, it looks like the "closest" spa pipe is on an angle. Optical illusion? Or why is that - is it flexible somewhere else?

Finally, I see you started another thread on this same topic. I've moved the two posts from there to here to minimize confusion.

#924828 - 10/11/17 08:37 PM Re: PVC extension for spa pump [Re: jaysmom49]
jaysmom49 Offline

enthusiast

Yes, I did start another thread. Life took over between work, house and watching the playoffs (Go Cubs Go! even if they lost tonight) Those late night left coast games were a killer!

I digress. So since the original post I bumped into a plumber who convinced me to remove the 90 degree elbow coming from the tub. Learned about a rope saw and how to use it. And all it cost me was a kiss and a hug! So once I got brave enough to saw it off, I realized if I just used a "bend" (can't remember what it's called) and some flex pvc (which the guy at HD first told me they didn't sell by the foot) and your idea of the hot water I should be back in business without any extensions.

But it's not going to happen until at least next week.

Class all day tomorrow for work, and then we've got Cubs tomorrow night AND Cleveland tonight!

Thanks for the boiling water idea!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.