Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 208 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#918786 - 07/12/17 10:38 PM Re: Methane Gas Smell when dishwasher runs [Re: Antoinette]
Antoinette Offline

Loc: AL
The plumbers came today and after listening to me about the problem. They made the suggestion to cap off the vent pipe in the basement as well as the attic vent pipe that is connected to the basement one. Since we are almost positive it is a dead pipe with nothing going to it anymore. The pipes have been dry every time we open them up and we have had a ton of rain the last couple of months. The pictures would just show a white 1 and half inch pipe with two blacks caps on it and a 2 inch pipe with two black caps on it laying horizontal. I hope this works. I will keep you posted if it doesn't. Thank you again everyone for all of your input.

#919093 - 07/17/17 11:17 AM Re: Methane Gas Smell when dishwasher runs [Re: Antoinette]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
Vent pipes are "normally" dry inside. Maybe. depending on conditions, a bit of condensation in there.

Photos of what you have may help to make us here at HW more comfortable with your plumber's fix... (That vent was there for a reason at one point.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.