Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (bilvihur, 3 invisible), 190 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#913728 - 05/15/17 12:15 AM Samsung washer recall
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Offline
fanatic

Loc: Minnesota
I watched a video of a repairman installing the Samsung repair kit, it was basicly a replacing a straight pin with one that has a "L" shape I assume that would keep the top from flying off.

Couldn't a DIYer do basically the same thing buy installing a piece of straight piece of metal that would fit under the bottom part of the washer's lip and then drill holes through the top and bottom lips and install small bolts? Or even better buy the fix kit but I doubt Samsung is selling them to customers. The temporary fix was to put a label with new options, basically preventing you to run the washer one heavy duty cycles.

what do any of you Appliances repairmen or Techs about my DIY option ?
You can see the fix here,
http://www.cyberpi.com/images/samsung%20washing%20machine%20recall.mp4

You can click the bracket in the lower left corner to go full screen

Edited by e_a_g_l_e_p_i (05/15/17 12:17 AM)

#913888 - 05/16/17 09:11 PM Re: Samsung washer recall [Re: e_a_g_l_e_p_i]
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ont Canada
Hi,

Quote:
Couldn't a DIYer do basically the same thing buy installing a piece of straight piece of metal that would fit under the bottom part of the washer's lip and then drill holes through the top and bottom lips and install small bolts?

Sure, probably. Where would the liability go? If the top came off and damaged something else or worse yet someone else....where would the liability go?!
At least with the manufactures repair we have someone or something ( a company ) to lay the liability on if something happened after their update.

JMO!

jeff.

#913978 - 05/17/17 03:22 PM Re: Samsung washer recall [Re: e_a_g_l_e_p_i]
BigJohnfromNY Offline
fanatic

Loc: Southwestern CT USA
If it's a recall, why not let Samsung fix their problem and avoid the possible liability problem?

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.