Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (code_ceis, CabinConnection, 2 invisible), 212 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#911682 - 04/17/17 09:55 AM Hydronic Baseboard Heat Pump Locations
CarlG Offline
veteran

In a multi zone hydronic baseboard heating system, what kind of rules do I need to follow as far as the location of the pumps is concerned?

For example, my current pump is on the return side. Does it matter if it is on the return side or the supply side?

What about distance from boiler? What is considered "too far" away from boiler? Any restrictions here??

#911717 - 04/17/17 08:11 PM Re: Hydronic Baseboard Heat Pump Locations [Re: CarlG]
Punky Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: East Aurora, NY
you want to pump away from the boiler for best performance (pumps go on supply side). pumps should be within 3-4 feet of the boiler unit.

#911722 - 04/17/17 09:10 PM Re: Hydronic Baseboard Heat Pump Locations [Re: CarlG]
CarlG Offline
veteran

Interesting, thanks.

My current pump is on the return side pumping into the boiler. Boiler owner's manual actually shows it on return side in picture.

#911724 - 04/17/17 09:24 PM Re: Hydronic Baseboard Heat Pump Locations [Re: CarlG]
Punky Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: East Aurora, NY
that doesnt mean that it's best. it's just a convenient place for it for the OEM.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0974396087/ref=nosim/addallbooksearch

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.