Handyman Wire

Who's Online
0 registered (), 160 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#906224 - 02/17/17 11:06 AM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: CabinConnection]
bilvihur Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Hudson Valley, New York
Originally Posted By CabinConnection

As each day passes, I become more and more "concerned".

This should add to your concern:

Quote:
The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

#906229 - 02/17/17 11:37 AM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: bilvihur]
Bob_Q Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Albany area,New York
Originally Posted By bilvihur
Originally Posted By CabinConnection

As each day passes, I become more and more "concerned".

This should add to your concern:

Quote:
The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.

Yes,and it's been done before by various presidents(and governors),including Barrack Obama. At least 50% of illegal aliens live in the named states.

(The proposal would extend the federal-local partnership program that President Barack Obama's administration began scaling back in 2012 to address complaints that it promoted racial profiling.)

That's the way the media reports things;the headline,and leave out the rest of it.

#906234 - 02/17/17 12:44 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: CabinConnection]
Bob_Q Offline

Carpal Tunnel

HOT OFF THE PRESSES:

FAKE NEWS FROM THE A.P.
HuffPost
Though the AP on Friday reported that the memo was written by U.S. Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, the White House and the Department of Homeland Security quickly denied that the report was true. 
“100% false. There is no effort to use the National Guard to round up,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said in an email to The Huffington Post.

#906236 - 02/17/17 12:45 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Bob_Q]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: So. Florida
Obama mobilized the national guard to deport people?

#906238 - 02/17/17 01:03 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Bob_Q]
Joe_Guy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Redwood City CA
Originally Posted By Bob_Q

(The proposal would extend the federal-local partnership program that President Barack Obama's administration began scaling back in 2012 to address complaints that it promoted racial profiling.)

The above looks like a quote from an AP article.

That's the way the media reports things;the headline,and leave out the rest of it.

If it's a headline in a report by the media, then there must be a story attached... confused

#906239 - 02/17/17 01:10 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Bob_Q]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The report said "considering". "There is no effort to use the national guard....." does not mean it was never considered.

A proper answer if you are saying "100% false" is to follow with "it was never considered"

#906250 - 02/17/17 06:40 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Able_Dog]
Bob_Q Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By Able_Dog
The report said "considering". "There is no effort to use the national guard....." does not mean it was never considered.

A proper answer if you are saying "100% false" is to follow with "it was never considered"

OMG Able! You are really going there with that? REALLY?

That's like saying,when Hillary (misspoke) about being under fire at that airport,"Well,it's not like it COULDN'T have happened.
Trumps administration didn't consider it. That was a document that was gleaned from somewhere at the bottom of some think-tank participants trash bin. Government agencies,
not the President or his people,do that all the time. They dream up possible scenarios as solutions to a problem. This was one of probably tens of thousands dreamt up over the years by people working for many different regimes.
God,you people will stop at nothing.
zerohedge
[The memo, first reported by the Associated Press Friday, lays out several possible policies to help implement President Trump’s executive order regarding border enforcement. Shortly after the report hit, the White House strongly denied the report, calling it “100% not true.” A spokesperson for the Department of Homeland Security says that the memo was a very early draft, and the idea for National Guard mobilization was “never seriously considered.”]

#906251 - 02/17/17 06:53 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Joe_Guy]
Bob_Q Offline

Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By Joe_Guy

The above looks like a quote from an AP article.

What you posted If it's a headline in a report by the media, then there must be a story attached... confused

What you posted isn't what I was referring to. The post by bilvihur was:

[The Trump administration is considering a proposal to mobilize as many as 100,000 National Guard troops to round up unauthorized immigrants, including millions living nowhere near the Mexico border, according to a draft memo obtained by The Associated Press.]

#906261 - 02/17/17 10:51 PM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Bob_Q]
Able_Dog Offline
Carpal Tunnel

"A spokesperson for the Department of Homeland Security says that the memo was a very early draft, and the idea for National Guard mobilization was “never seriously considered.”

That is different, that is a denial, the other wasn't.

Your comment "are you going with that" indicates to me you have a problem with simple English grammar.

#906270 - 02/18/17 09:16 AM Re: (P) Who's Real??? [Re: Able_Dog]
Bob_Q Offline

Carpal Tunnel

[quote=Able_DogThat is different, that is a denial, the other wasn't.

Your comment "are you going with that" indicates to me you have a problem with simple English grammar. [/quote]

WELL,all you had to do is look for it,and you could have found it too!

Explain to me why "are you going with that" indicative of a grammer problem on my end?

I have no problem with grammer,only some of the things you put into print.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Bob_Q, CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.