Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 231 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
New Reply
Topic Options
#902722 - 01/11/17 03:50 PM CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello and good afternoon. I have recently had grout installed in my shower wall that is the incorrect color. The contractor used an off white instead of the bright white we had specified. In order to resolve the issue they have advised that we paint the grout white. May I ask if this is a long term solution that will hold up to use in a shower?

Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#902725 - 01/11/17 04:19 PM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: Anonymous]
notnew2diy Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: harvard, il.
I am unable to answer your question, but consider the maintenance involved keeping "bright white" clean.

BTDT and should installed off white....notnew.....

#902730 - 01/11/17 05:54 PM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: Anonymous]
FranS Offline

Carpal Tunnel

long term solution is for them to grind out the old grout about 50% and install the correct color. they messed up, they should fix.

#902733 - 01/11/17 06:47 PM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: Anonymous]
Just_Bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Wilmington, Delaware
There are grout dyes that will change the color, but not sure about off white to bright white. Check with a real tile shop, not big box. Or what they said, grind it down and install new. If you were specific to the contractor what you wanted, he should do it.

I personally/professionallly would recommend against a brite white, it won't stay that way for long. Especially in a shower.

#902745 - 01/11/17 10:32 PM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: Anonymous]
Punky Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: East Aurora, NY
what's your contract say? if "bright white" it sounds like that they need to jack it out and replace it at their cost. if anything else, it's all on you. and no, paint wont last.

#902755 - 01/12/17 06:39 AM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: Just_Bill]
CabinConnection Offline
Bigfoot
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: The Indianhead's Left Nostril....
Originally Posted By Just_Bill
I personally/professionallly would recommend against a brite white, it won't stay that way for long. Especially in a shower.

My unsolicited opinion... Me too.

#902798 - 01/12/17 02:14 PM Re: CHanggin grout color on newly installed grout [Re: CabinConnection]
FranS Offline

Carpal Tunnel

DEPENDS on how clean you keep your shower...

Quote:
Originally Posted By Just_Bill

My unsolicited opinion... Me too.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is disabled

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.