Handyman Wire

Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#7538 - 11/20/02 08:51 AM Oster Kitchen Center Repair
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello my name is Bryan, and I'm having a problem with my Oster Kitchen Center, model 971-08H purchased in 1994. I haven't used it much. I was using my meat grinder attachment, when something popped. I'm presuming its an internal gear within the base since everything else seems to be working and the motor works fine. The base pops when you put a load on it. I've since tried to get into the drive assembly but can't manage to get the Center driver off. I've looked at a parts diagram and don't see whats holding me up. I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the subject of getting this thing apart for repair. I consider myself very mechanically inclined and any help or instructions would be much appreciated.

Sincerely Bryan

#7539 - 11/20/02 10:20 PM Re: Oster Kitchen Center Repair
Bob_Fleming Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ft Collins, CO USA
Is the unit mounted in the counter top? Will it lift out?
It is possible they used a snap ring around a shaft to hold it together.

#7540 - 11/21/02 10:44 PM Re: Oster Kitchen Center Repair
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've since removed the center driver top part by using a dremel per insructions from a repair shop, but now I'm having trouble removing the lower portion from the drive gear, anyone have a trade secret. The gear and the driver are both metal and the driver I'm told screws into the gear. I don't know how to get them apart without messing up the teeth on the gear. Any input??

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.