Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (Able_Dog), 46 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#719317 - 06/20/12 04:33 PM Black and Decker BNA17 Mini Fridge
Holmesuser01 Offline
veteran

Loc: Asheville, NC USA
We used this little fridge at work for about a year. Recently, we noticed that it was not cooling as well as it used to. It finally died, and we replaced it. I brought it home to tinker with here at Junque Central.

Found the cooling fans in the back to be totally clogged with dust, and the motors barely running. I cleaned it all up, and discovered I could oil the motor if I peeled off the brand sticker on it. Oiled both motors in the back, and the two inside the unit. It's now cooling down, and seems to be working OK.

What I dont understand is this: How does this system cool?

There is a power supply and 4 very cheap 12v computer-type fans on either side of two small units that get cold on the inside part, and hot on the outside part.

I've never seen anything like this, except a small cooler that plugged into a cigarette lighter in a car.

Can you guys enlighten me here?

Bruce

#719359 - 06/21/12 06:44 AM Re: Black and Decker BNA17 Mini Fridge [Re: Holmesuser01]
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ont Canada
Hi,

Compressor-Free Cooling Technology.
Electronic refrigeration.

jeff.

#719436 - 06/21/12 05:00 PM Re: Black and Decker BNA17 Mini Fridge [Re: jeff1]
Holmesuser01 Offline
veteran

After reading some scathing reviews online about this little fridge, I hauled it back to work this morning, and reinstalled it. I want to see how long it will run now before it dies again. We can use the company electricity instead of mine. grin

#719444 - 06/21/12 06:15 PM Re: Black and Decker BNA17 Mini Fridge [Re: Holmesuser01]
FredDwyer Offline
veteran

Loc: Connecticut, USA

#719491 - 06/22/12 07:23 AM Re: Black and Decker BNA17 Mini Fridge [Re: FredDwyer]
Holmesuser01 Offline
veteran

Thanks for the link.

I guess that as long as the power supply and fans hold up, this thing will work.

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.