Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#707092 - 02/27/12 03:47 PM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
saugen48 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Halifax, Canada.
OP must have ran away....
BB Playbook 32GB
Acer Iconia A110 w/JB
Found the secret to long life: Keep breathing

#707148 - 02/28/12 05:10 AM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
JasonB Offline
Sharp -Shooter
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Cape Spencer, New Brunswick, C...
Eh, they may return. Could be a weekend persuit for'em.

J

#707255 - 02/28/12 11:31 AM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
Deb852 Offline

Im back.. So whats it gonna be.? I hear fuel carburetor problems, ignition, If so, Wheres the ignition?...Stale gas, Ive changed the gas and no luck, with so many could've been, And yall just guessing.. Please give me the correct answer and stop guessing... This weekend requires some long [censored] fixing with so many guesses..

#707268 - 02/28/12 12:38 PM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
JasonB Offline
Sharp -Shooter
Carpal Tunnel

Deb,

You have to provide us information in order for us to come to a correct solution. The most important question to be answered is above. I'll repeat it here:

"I'd like to know how this problem came to be. Is this machine just out of off-season storage, or has this developed during regular use? when did it last run correctly?"

Surely you understand that we cannot see/smell/touch your particular machine, and thus what you tell us is all we can go on. It may take a few itterations of test/result/recommendation to come to the ultimate solution.

The history of the problem is the first step. The problem you've described can be caused by a few different things.

If the machine is just out of off-season storage, it's quite likely a problem related to fuel degradation. This can result in simply needing to switch out the fuel, or if worse, can require a complete carburetor rebuild and fuel line replacement.

If it was running fine and just began quitting regularly, it could be another set of issues, perhaps ignition related, or perhaps fuel system related. The fuel pickup could have simply fallen off in the tank, or a fuel line could be pinholed.

Stick with us, we'll solve the problem. If you're in a hurry for easy answers, pay your local repair man instead. He'll do the same thing, but without the time required for the back and forth that solving this by internet forum will require.

Given the chance and a willing OP, our success rate in small engine repair is quite good, and very economical.

J

#707283 - 02/28/12 01:13 PM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
Deb852 Offline

Okay, I will get back with yall.. Thanks for your patience!!

#707284 - 02/28/12 01:21 PM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
JasonB Offline
Sharp -Shooter
Carpal Tunnel

Great!

Now....

I'd like to know how this problem came to be. Is this machine just out of off-season storage, or has this developed during regular use? when did it last run correctly?

J

#757099 - 05/30/13 06:32 PM Re: ryobi cs26 weedeater [Re: Deb852]
Fred1 Offline
first timer

I had a problem with my CS26 that it would run for about 5 minutes and then just stop until cool again. Turned out to be a cracked spark plug, not a fuel problem. Cheap to try...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob_Q, CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.