Handyman Wire

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#70469 - 03/26/04 11:16 PM Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
BabyLiam1002 Offline

Our fridge makes a chirping sound like a cricket! I keep thinking that there is one in the kitchen but it is the appliance. Does anyone know what would cause this? Also from time to time the bottom under the veggie drawers fill with water and pour out....does that problem have anything to do with the sound? we looked at the tray, but it is empty and the water is only inside of the fridge.

#70470 - 03/27/04 06:36 AM Re: Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Ont Canada
Hi,

Make, model#, approx age?

In reply to:

Our fridge makes a chirping sound like a cricket!

Evaporator fan motor ( in the freezer ), condensor fan motor ( at the bak bottom - not all models use this ), defrost timer can make chirping/cricket like noises.

In reply to:

Also from time to time the bottom under the veggie drawers fill with water and pour out

Possible plugged/restricted defrost drain and the water is spilling out inside instead of going down the drain to the tray underneath.

In reply to:

does that problem have anything to do with the sound?

Possible, but probably not.

Some helps and tips on leaking water inside.

jeff.

#70471 - 03/27/04 09:57 AM Re: Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
BabyLiam1002 Offline

Well, when I go to listen to the noise, it sounds like it is at the top of the fridge, but not in the freezer. I kept checking our fan in freezer to make sure that wasn't the problem and it sounded fine and runs fine.

#70472 - 03/27/04 03:01 PM Re: Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Find those yet?

In reply to:

Make, model#, approx age?

jeff.

#70473 - 03/27/04 08:38 PM Re: Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
BabyLiam1002 Offline

The only info that I can find on it is that it is Philco/Ford refridgerator and the only other thing i see on it just says no frost 16 which isn't any help since that is just the cubic feet of it. I bought it used and it was supposed to be fixed up, but the guy replaced the freezer fan in October or so. I have no other info on it at all....do you know where I would find it at? The fridge is pretty old though.....the inside is blue and i would say it is about 20+ years old......or somewhere around that.

#70474 - 03/27/04 10:46 PM Re: Fridge Sounds Like A Cricket!!!!
jeff1 Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Howdy,

In reply to:

Philco/Ford refridgerator

Been a while since I heard that name!!

Can't remember if Philco/Ford ever hid the defrost timer in the freezer section or on the back of the refrigerator near the freezer section?!!?

jeff.

Moderator:  CabinConnection, Ernie 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.