No "self" test...there is a forced test but you may still need to manually check items if the defrost doesn't work, a copy:
Forced Defrost Mode:
The forced defrost function is performed using the refrigerator display and keypad. Enter the Forced Defrost Mode by performing the following sequence of events:
1. Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
2. Press the Refrigerator Temperature Down keypad 3 times consecutively.
Note: The 3 keystrokes must be consecutive and within 10 seconds.
3. Release the refrigerator door light switch.
4. The control will display Fd to confirm entry into the Forced Defrost Mode.
5. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Refrigerator Down key once more. The unit is off and in the Defrost Mode.
Note: All control functions will be turned off (Compressor, Defrost, Evaporator Fan, the damper will remain in its current position).
6. The control will default to the short run period test. Note: You can toggle between the (S)hort and (L)ong test mode by pressing the Refrigerator UP Key. Long Test mode is used for factory test and should not be used in the field.
7. Once the desired mode is displayed, confirm the forced defrost by pressing the Refrigerator down Key once. The defrost will begin immediately and the display will return to a normal operating display with set point values.
8. Close the Refrigerator door(s). You are in the defrost mode.
Hope this helps,