I bought 5 of the Barrington model CFL light fixtures and within 2 years all of the electronic ballasts had died. I was a little peeved to say the least. The big box store where I bought them didn't sell replacement ballasts. It's a great light fixture and I didn't want to replace them with new ones. After much hunting, I found the exact replacement ballasts at Green Electrical Supply's website.
While replacing the dead ballasts with new ones, I noticed that the schematic on the ballast's label indicated that it's steel case should be grounded. I checked and the old ballasts were not grounded adequately. The two that I checked were not grounded at all. Infinite ohms from the ballast's case to the metal of the light fixture.
After a little Dremel tool grinding remedy in the right spots, the fixtures are now working as good as new. I have 6 months of run time and hopefully this fix will help make the ballasts last longer. This overhaul was more than a novice should try but this post might help someone who's lost electronic ballasts in their new cfl light fixtures.