The first GFCI was right here in Central NY GO ORANGE!!
According to the Pass & Seymour web site.
Over 100 years ago, our founders set up shop on the banks of the Erie Canal — positioning themselves along the route to a new frontier. Following suit, today's Pass & Seymour/Legrand is well-positioned and well-capitalized to seize opportunities in the next century and new frontiers in the electrical field.
* 1890: Founded in Syracuse, New York — as innovator in porcelain insulators
* 1971: Invented & introduced industry's first GFCI
* 1980: Acquired Sierra Electric
* 1980: Acquired Pass & Seymour, Canada
* 1984: Acquired by Legrand
* 1988: Acquired Slater Electric, Inc.
* 1988: Acquired Power Controls Corp.
* 1996: Acquired The Watt Stopper, Inc.
* 1998: Acquired Ortronics, Inc.
* 1998: Acquired Tomstar Controls, Inc.
* 1999: Acquired Caribe GE Wiring Devices, Inc.
* 1999: Acquired Reiker Enterprises, Inc.
People will forget what you said; people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.