Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (bilvihur, Punky, 2 invisible), 41 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#150732 - 01/27/05 06:09 PM Toilet tank doesn't fill up
toliettrouble Offline
first timer

We flushed the toilet in our house and now all of a sudden the toilet tank won't fill up... the sinks work and water comes out of them so we don't know why the water won't go and fill the tank up.. any ideas?

#150733 - 01/27/05 06:51 PM Re: Toilet tank doesn't fill up
vid Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Mad City
Sounds like something is wrong with the fill valve or the float. The first thing I would check is the float to make sure that it isn't rubbing or jammed against the inside of the tank. If there is nothing wrong with the float, I'd replace the fill valve with a Fluidmaster unit. I'm assuming that you have check the supply valve and made sure that someone didn't turn it off.

#150734 - 01/27/05 10:28 PM Re: Toilet tank doesn't fill up
RCovell Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Jayhawk Land
If you have one of the black and gray or all brown Fluidmaster fill valves, the ones that use a sliding cup as the float, then, you just need to replace the control seal in the unit. They're a little bigger than a quarter, available for less than $2 and can be installed in a minute. Instructions are on the package.

What you're describing is the classic sign of a bad seal. Bob.

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.