Handyman Wire

Who's Online
3 registered (DonkeyDave, RCovell, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Topic Options
#123640 - 10/28/04 09:29 AM One room in house stays HOT
dazed_dreamz Offline
first timer

I live in a house built in 1999. When running the AC the house stays cool except one room, it is always warm no matter how far i turn the temp down. Any suggestions? thank you in advance.

#123641 - 10/28/04 10:00 AM Re: One room in house stays HOT
HeatPro Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: South New Jersey
Find why the air to that room does not flow sufficiently to cool the room down. If the duct isn't closed off by something blocking it, you might need another duct to get enough air flow. Because installers often size ducts by room square feet instead of actually doing a heat flow estimate, a room on the top floor over a garage are usually insufficient;y cooled and heated.

#123642 - 10/28/04 12:07 PM Re: One room in house stays HOT
dazed_dreamz Offline
first timer

Thanks for the tip, I'll check the duct in the attic for blockage. It's a one story house and i can barely feel the air coming out of the vent, all the other rooms you can feel the airflow from the vents very well. It's a new house so you can understand my frustration. Thanks again

Moderator:  Ernie, FranS 

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.