Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (Amanda England), 168 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Deportation by bilvihur @ 14 minutes 35 seconds ago

Quote:At the White House, spokesman Sean Spicer said Trump hadn’t been speaking literally. Silly us...
Heating and Air Conditioning
Jump to new posts Re: outdoor temp reset for boiler by Punky @ 21 minutes 14 seconds ago

Utica, Dunkirk, and similar models are all ECR products. Youll likely damage a cast iron boiler with an outdoor reset - from running too cool and for a short period of time. If you want outdoor reset you need a condensing boiler for best operation.
Jump to new posts Re: Boiler size by Punky @ 25 minutes 15 seconds ago

CGA - Canadian Gas Association, Compressed gas association, or the boiler model if a Weil McLain. The number is more important than the abbreviation. There is not a huge difference in efficiencies when it is in the 80% range. Most common ratings
Around the shop
Jump to new posts When I'm 74 by rfm3 @ Today at 04:38 PM

This weekend, George Harrison would of been 74 Amazing to think, if he lived, 74 years old.... I thought he was the best of the four...just my opinion Another link
Handyman
Jump to new posts Bleeping bugs and bug spray by rfm3 @ Today at 04:34 PM

So, we never had had big issues with bugs in the house...once in a bit an ant invasion but we battle them and they cry uncle... but the past year we went and cut us down a Christmas tree and apparently....my guess...illegal immigrants of the insecto
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Which do you think hurt more? by Able_Dog @ Today at 04:08 PM

"A pickup truck was pulling a two-axle trailer on the road when a trailer wheel fell off and hit a pedestrian on the sidewalk." "Wonder if there's any other cameras in the locale....... Gonna write it off as one of 'life's little mys
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Giraffe cam by code_ceis @ Today at 03:00 PM

Giraffe cam Due any day now. Quote:THINGS TO KNOW: April is 15 - her 4th calf Oliver is 5 - his 1st calf They have some of the biggest pens in the nation. We take pride in our indoor housing and the level of enrichment and care to keep them happ
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Battery for Smoke Detector by code_ceis @ Today at 02:58 PM

Yes
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Happiness starts with a smile by FranS @ Today at 01:57 PM

darn. didn't notice it broke. thanks E
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: siding repair by harryp3 @ Today at 01:17 PM

Thanks to all! In response to questions- the siding lengths are 16' long- it's not worth replacing the entire length- "H" clips work well for shorter pieces. I suspect sheathing is regular "cellulosic" fiberboard type sheathing
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: GIANT "OAK TREE" by Able_Dog @ Today at 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By bentnail200Okay...I get it, but I'm thinking it's got well over $400.00 of FIREWOOD in it, That was "MY POINT".....JS Quote: he wants has got a GIANT OAK TREE on it $400 worth of oak is not a very big pile, probably
Appliances
the reservoir is what? a larger non-pressurized tank to hold water for cooling purposes? or does it hold some other function?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Block mount picture by JasonB @ Today at 11:12 AM

Most inexpensive bathroom cabinets are particle board, bare inside.... Automotive subwoofer enclosures are made from plain ole MDF. Both are frequently humid environments. It'll be fine. If in doubt, apply a coat of paint/clearcoat to any bare
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 9 degress by Able_Dog @ Today at 10:49 AM

I do miss the water from N Georgia, S Florida water is pretty much terrible, we buy bottled water 5 gallon bottles and have a cooler. About 15 miles north of where we lived in Georgia was the best water in the state. You know what GOOD water tastes
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: The HImalayas by JasonB @ Today at 08:16 AM

Check out this thread on a pilot's forum I like to follow.... A helicopter pilot who works in the Everest area... Amazing photos. http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/483614-top-world-photos-nepal.html J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: MEDIA by JimTheTinkerer @ Today at 06:22 AM

"-------- I did say 99.5. That's the .5% right? grin ---------- " I have no choice but to smile.
Jump to new posts Re: oil line suction by BillJeffy @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By CabinConnection Where are you saying they are used relative to this thread? In the Everbuilt pump he's trying to use to empty tank. The impeller pictured was the quickest I could find all worn out, otherwise, same principle.
Jump to new posts Re: New laws coming in NY on boilers/water heaters by Punky @ Yesterday at 09:13 PM

there's also a bypass plug made for the aquastat but sometimes the pin needs to be moved.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's that time of the season by CabinConnection @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

Point is/was that being on any of the Great Lakes is probably a no go, but many northern inland lakes are still OK. Far northern... Here in northern Wisconsin, we're real close to being unsafe. Shore will open first, preventing access to the la
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Newsman admits it's media's job to control what by JimTheTinkerer @ Yesterday at 08:17 PM

Originally Posted By FranSMAYBE THERE IS MORE HERE, I DIDN'T LISTEN TO IT. https://www.rt.com/viral/378300-msnbc-media-controls-thoughts/ Quote:The clip ending as it did leaves too much doubt in my mind that this is all just somebody trying to misr
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Is Trump Mentally Ill? by BillJeffy @ Yesterday at 07:23 PM

Originally Posted By Just_BillI am sure that the concept of enforcing existing law baffles many on the left. And I have not heard him say anything about the press/media that is not spot on. Will turmoil continue, absolutely, all generated from the
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Bottle Boys - Billie Jean by BillJeffy @ Yesterday at 07:21 PM

Originally Posted By FranSobviously, you weren't doing anything anyway. Quote:Another 2+ minnits of my life--------GONE !! Every minnit counts when you don't know how much time you've got left Takes time away from reading Trump posts..... ,
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Domino effect in a new way by BillJeffy @ Yesterday at 07:18 PM

. . Now THAT was worth the 4 minnits of my life .
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: interesting article on criminalizing by JimTheTinkerer @ Yesterday at 07:12 PM

Originally Posted By Just_Billsounds about right, from a leftist point of view. Guilty until proven otherwise, which will never happen. 1984, just bit later. You reversed it.....they claim guilt....without logical proof..... OK: Tell me what
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Bowling Green: meet Sweden by JimTheTinkerer @ Yesterday at 07:06 PM

Believe what you are told to, dammit. Believe what the gut puts out into the light and onto the porcelain... (caution: just joshin)
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.