Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (yardmaster, donnyd2, 2 invisible), 234 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Weddings - I am old by yardmaster @ 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By notnew2diy I know Im slightly hard of hearing, and at times, I just agreed or smiled when I had no clue what was just said, had already said "What??" twice. I've been doing this my whole life.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Location Location Location by Able_Dog @ 10 minutes 48 seconds ago

Been on the other side of these markets as well. Once "sold" a new spec house where my closing statement was -$1000. That's right it cost me $1000 and I gave up title. The alternative was possibly sitting on that place for a couple of years
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: A cabin build by Gary O' @ 44 minutes 6 seconds ago

It’s good to take a day or two off, even when retired, and let the hurts convalesce. We’re doing this right now. The heel of my right hand has a rather severe pain/ache that makes holding a tool somewhat excruciating. You know how when a pain i
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Got soot? by notnew2diy @ Today at 09:24 AM

Having the right tools does make the job easier. Good luck...notnew...
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Cannot keep engine running????? by Bob_Q @ Today at 08:41 AM

This thread has gotten a little muddied up. To start back at the beginning,even after replacing the pulse pump,an easy way to check it's operation is to remove the fuel line from the carb,place it in a container to catch the fuel,remove the spark plu
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Results of tap water analysis by Bob_Q @ Today at 08:26 AM

Maybe this will help: Stillwater pdf It is noted that the report you received would be performed this year. It was done strictly for lead and copper content. To my untrained eye the annual test/report looks pretty thorough.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Sharp wood chisels by Just_Bill @ Today at 07:13 AM

I use both, but the jigs seem to give more consistent results. I am a flunky at manual sharpening.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Double Gag Gift by CabinConnection @ Today at 06:19 AM

How did the party go?
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Kenmore Elite Trio model 596.73503202 by jeff1 @ Today at 01:16 AM

Hi, Quote:It started with the fridge not getting cold and the compressor keeps clicking and shutting off. I must have replaced the overload relay switch about 8 times. It will work great for about 6 to 8 months and then the same thing happens. Cert
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: plywood load bearing question by Clint_Robbins @ Yesterday at 09:56 PM

Quote:I'm sure the joists are fine,... Without knowing the span of the joists, no one can make an intelligent comment on the joist capacity.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Political Thread by Able_Dog @ Yesterday at 09:36 PM

Link Quote:Attorney General Jeff Sessions discussed key Trump campaign issues with the former Russian ambassador to the United States during the 2016 presidential race, The Washington Post reported Friday, citing current and former American offic
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Duck Coop by Joe_Guy @ Yesterday at 09:26 PM

Yeah, you conduit, you know you can!!
Pools and Spas
Jump to new posts Re: Hot Tub - GFCI test by vivacemusica @ Yesterday at 08:30 PM

The electrician came and put the neutral in the main panel back on a separate bar. He also inspected the wiring in the GFI breaker, as well as the connections to the spa. Was able to force a trip in both the hot tub panel and the GFI when he used h
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Waffle House by Uncle_Alvah @ Yesterday at 07:11 PM

Quote:Got up walked out Funny you should mention that. I walked out of a Cracker Barrel just this morning. Sat down, ordered coffee and breakfast. Coffee came eventually, and that was all. After 35 minutes without any chow showing up, and no sign o
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Southern Mountain Rifle re-start. by Just_Bill @ Yesterday at 03:49 PM

Nice stuff, ash, I built a car out it. Hard, but workable. You already have a bundle in the stock, measure MANY times, cut once!!!! I would wonder that magic marker would soak in to some degree requiring excessive sanding. Lamp black should not do
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Horn for my tractor by mommapup. @ Yesterday at 03:21 PM

Glad I could help
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Pool Heater breaker - 40 amps by wsommariva @ Yesterday at 11:34 AM

All done. Bought the same breaker, replaced and it's working. Thanks everyone.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: John McCain - Brain Cancer by Ernie @ Yesterday at 11:04 AM

and even tortured One thing I do consider as being a beautiful< > part of not living a sheltered life---* is going through *--- some of *---the meanest- evil things --* as it can make you see ! them for what they truly are.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking about a little winter project by Ernie @ Yesterday at 10:42 AM

So very disappointing !.. And with my PB account loaded with pictures of members and long since passed events... ~ One thing I cling too is the wonderful ~~ memories they made !. But on this thread to see the` PB Account Updat
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: USS Fitzgerald by Able_Dog @ Yesterday at 09:39 AM

Initial, preliminary findings say the Navy is responsible for the collision, far from final conclusions but said that no actions were taken by the Fitzgerald prior to the collision. Hard to imagine what went on on the bridge of that destroyer.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Knock-around wheels by Uncle_Alvah @ Yesterday at 08:40 AM

Reality is its an unlikely purchase. Too many vehicles consuming too much coin as it is. Van just had $150 work on the emissions, now its going in for a fuel pump. And thats just one example.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: OJ Simpson Parole Hearing by Trippstar @ Yesterday at 08:32 AM

Originally Posted By doraQuote:he didn't get a fair trial in that Las Vegas thing Karmas a wonderful thing eh You said it girl. He paid 9 yrs and not for the horrific original crime, and will emerge rather wealthy. If Fred doesn't "dust"
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Mother of the 11 YO girl killed by Uncle_Alvah @ Yesterday at 08:05 AM

NOt meaning to seem unkind, but supposedly the boy is pretty widely regarded as being a bit simple. I'd expect to see that brought up if its indeed true. I doubt he has ever been examined professionally. That will change.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Moon bag by Uncle_Alvah @ Yesterday at 06:09 AM

Cool story of an Apollo relic.... https://news.google.com/news/headlines?hl=en&ned=us
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Baseboard part deux by notnew2diy @ Yesterday at 06:07 AM

Looks good from here as well. What does Mrs. Ray have to say? Have fun....notnew...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.