Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (code_ceis, 3 invisible), 223 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts At the Risk of Sounding Political.... by Joe_Guy @ 33 seconds ago

Has anyone here bought their very own Trumpy Bear yet? It's real and here's the commercial...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I'm one happy apple. by yardmaster @ 14 minutes 44 seconds ago

Nice. I have one similiar, about the same age but in the .38 version...and 4 inch barrel. Been a while since I've handled it. This is the best pic i could find...
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water heater keeps blowing the t&p valve. by CabinConnection @ 16 minutes 15 seconds ago

Yew betcha! (Report back will ya?).
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Security by dora @ 44 minutes 45 seconds ago

Last year I was getting this exact call every few months. I'd at first seem really concerned and interested and then once they thought I was hooked I'd start to laugh a bit and ask them if they really thought I was as stupid as they were. This caug
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Sump pump woes - wet bsmt again by notnew2diy @ Today at 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By CabinConnectionI don't think Coleman makes their own pumps. Outside sourced from Franklin Electric, IIRC. Originally Posted By Just_Bill"...every 5 sec.....??? Do you have a river under the basement?? High water table
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Political Thread by Able_Dog @ Today at 06:10 PM

Trump either has a serious memory problem or he thinks the US citizenry has a serious memory problem. What he has said in the past he will deny in a heartbeat and act like he never said it. Over and over and over and over and over........
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: DANG! (II) by Ernie @ Today at 05:49 PM

Low `36`` last night``
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of bulbs by Uncle_Alvah @ Today at 05:48 PM

Quote:Why don't you buy an inexpensive 4' shop light? Actually I went to Lowes that same afternoon and bought two to add to the two that already up. Gonna add a window when I can scrounge one.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: DANG! Wouldn't You Know It??? by DonkeyDave @ Today at 04:27 PM

😲
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Light bulbs and guarentees by Able_Dog @ Today at 03:07 PM

I always worried about the caulk that was rated for 35 years.
Around the shop
Over 40 years and Still Wandering in the ``wilderness``
Electrical
Jump to new posts Lighted Sign Repair by wirehead43 @ Today at 10:58 AM

I have a lighted sign with five 72-inch high output (HO) fluorescent lamps and a HO magnetic ballast. It suddenly stopped working so I opened it up to check things out. Found the pins burned off the end of two lamps and the two sockets were badly dam
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Modern Parenting by Ernie @ Today at 10:50 AM

`` Bivouacking`` Changing the old direction from Train Up and Child in The Way ```````` that they should ! go.. ````````````` Eekkkkkkkkkkk Seems WE lost the old road long... long ago No longer one path..
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: OK if there is not enough to worry about? by CabinConnection @ Today at 10:13 AM

Yep. And extremely rare occurrences.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Witness at my door.. by JasonB @ Today at 09:25 AM

I've been visited by a group of JW's about monthly for the last 5 or so years. A very elderly lady and her entourage. They mean well... I'm too soft to ask them to stop coming by... But I suspect I'm a convert they'll never win. J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Background checks by Uncle_Alvah @ Today at 09:22 AM

The problem is, when I have a rifle for sale, I have no way of knowing if the buyer is a felon or not, and no way of checking either. They do have to show me an ID. Not especially comprehensive. I suspect anyday to see a news story about a large up
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Dog Food Recall by Ernie @ Today at 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By rfm3Fortunately our dog has only been fed Blue Mountain/Buffalo/Wilderness About 2 ? years ago I signed a class action law suit against Blue Buffalo - We started out feeding Artie in 2008 BB-Puppy Chow when he became vio
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: Southern Mountain Rifle re-start. by JasonB @ Today at 08:12 AM

Yeah, we've swabbed on each shot too, heck, we're target shooting... Ain't no hurry, and keeps the bore from getting tight as the day wears on too... J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Aussie Gun Laws by Just_Bill @ Today at 07:53 AM

That sounds like some of the reports from OLD deep south in the way back days. Black man commits suicide, shot himself 6 times in the back.
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Rear wiper by yardmaster @ Yesterday at 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By twoshoesFrom your link ... I saw that too. I guess the smaller hole can engage the spindled post without the metal ring.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Best tip well I( guess by Uncle_Alvah @ Yesterday at 08:37 PM

Certainly isn't just you! My Daughter, the Vet Tech, travels extensively. Uber is pretty much SOP. Airports seem to have gotten further and further from where people are actually going. My comment about a tip may well be borne out in the investigat
Electrical
For 100 amp feed you could get away with installing #3 copper, however I would install #2 copper instead, thus 2-2-2-8 stranded THHN-THWN in 1 1/2" schedule 40 pvc conduit and make sure the ground is insulated. Also get some white tape to remar
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Tis the season and... by code_ceis @ Yesterday at 06:41 PM

FYI Free dead fish. Quote: Shop at TOPS with your BonusPlus card and receive 1 TOPS Fish Point for every Carry Out Café Fish Dinner purchase.* Redeem 6 Fish Points and receive a Free Carry Out Café Fish Dinner. *Some restrictions apply You
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Fiberglass tub etched by notnew2diy @ Yesterday at 06:34 PM

You say it's on the bottom... have you used a rag and let it soak over night w/the chemicals you've used? How about straight bleach? Is the tub smooth? If yes, try car wax or rubbing compound but be careful so you don't scratch the gel coat. Ma
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Point me in the general direction, please? by jdevlin @ Yesterday at 05:57 PM

Here is one to watch out for. Check the keyboard right side shift key. I bought a laptop and too late found out the right shift key is half size and UP arrow is the other half. I am constantly hitting UP arrow when I want shift key. Here is an image
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.