Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (bilvihur, 1 invisible), 181 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Teen depression and smartphones by JimTheTinkerer @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

I always thought that.... you need a real local town life, not going to places that reinforce your own first take on things. And....where you can't see or hear someone's tone. It multiplies the problem we already have with people moving all around f
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Political Thread by JimTheTinkerer @ Yesterday at 06:56 PM

One surprise area of Trump support was college-educated Southern women. I wonder how they feel about Trump and Moore. How much body and soul can you sell out before it's too much? And your children, too? Like the shelters say: if you say OK, it le
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Power question by BigJohnfromNY @ Yesterday at 03:05 PM

You might try disconnecting both wires from the breaker and both wires from the heater. Then check for continuity on each wire. I'll bet one or both are open. Then you'll need to figure out what's breaking the circuit.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Blackballed??: C Kaepernick & K Griffin by AnthraciteSparky @ Yesterday at 03:02 PM

Blackballed by the NFL ? Hilarious as the greed of the owners know no bounds. The D coordinators in the league had this hack figured out after ten games. he was not good enough to last, plain & simple.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: upstairs shower noise by Clint_Robbins @ Yesterday at 12:48 PM

If you have plastic drain pipes without adequate soundproofing, that can be very noisy.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: BillJeffy - MIA by Able_Dog @ Yesterday at 12:07 PM

Still no word on Jeffy, not good. Hope he's okay, as I'm sure you all do.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Football Discussion by Able_Dog @ Yesterday at 12:03 PM

Here in Huntsville, stop a little north of Montgomery last night and got to see my Falcons beat the Seahawks. They almost blew it. Thanks to Pete Carroll's bonehead play on the trick field goal. It should have been out of the wood but the Falcons mis
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I'm just griping...... by Just_Bill @ Yesterday at 07:06 AM

Will it reach the workshop???
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Garage Update by FredDwyer @ Yesterday at 06:46 AM

Artistic image.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: NFL WEEK 11 by TheBrit @ Yesterday at 06:28 AM

<<< Winners Week 11 : Brit, CC, Dora, Able >>> NFL WEEK 11 14 games, Bye Week: Panthers, Colts, Jets, 49ers ********* CODE RFM3 MSCD BRIT MP.. CC.. DORA TWOS ABLE THURSDAY ten @ PIT .tXn .tXn .tXn .PIT .tXn .PIT .PIT .PIT .PI
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: firefox 57 by notnew2diy @ Yesterday at 06:14 AM

Work laptop was forced to FF 57 yesterday when I logged on. Seems geared to mobile devices. The little I've played, not a fan. Nothing I can do....IIWII(grin)...notnew....
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Moonshine by notnew2diy @ Yesterday at 06:08 AM

Originally Posted By code_ceisQuote:"Everclear" grain alcohol, Mixed with Koolaid has been done in our old trailer park. 4 gulgs in a coffee pot for an office Christmas party. Quite a few people took a later train that day. At the
Appliances
Hi, Quote:Our 26 year old machine Model#? Some model# helps... http://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php Quote:doesn't do as good a job in the spin cycle anymore A full tub of water drains out in 90 seconds or so? Check belt(s). We might le
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: The Naughty list.... by Joe_Guy @ 11/20/17 08:42 PM

That's because it's an "After Weinstein" list.
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Avalon Misfiring Cylinders 1, 3, 5 issues by Coachboon70 @ 11/20/17 07:58 PM

Hi, wondering should I purchase a used or new VVT Solenoid for left AND right side of engine. Do these parts just get dirty or are there moving parts that wear out. If anyone has additional suggestions for a fix please post. Codes are P1349, P0300,
Gardening
Jump to new posts Tree repair?? by Gary O' @ 11/20/17 07:00 PM

Thank you, Fred I'm on it
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: nascar by Uncle_Alvah @ 11/20/17 05:43 PM

Friend who loved NASCAR all his life has walked away from it. I don't know what the gripe is specifically but Toyota cars has a lot to do with it. Its a subject you really don't want to get him started on.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Charles Manson - Dead at 83 by JimTheTinkerer @ 11/20/17 12:52 PM

His chief weapon? Dale Carnegie classes.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: "60 Minutes" Voyager by JasonB @ 11/20/17 09:33 AM

Humans do great things when they try..... These little robots may be our last remnant in the universe, if we don't clean up our acts... J
Around the shop
Cool! JPT or living there now? (Just passing thru) (Edit) Just saw your other posts aboot moving there. Congratulations on the find.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 500 server error by notnew2diy @ 11/20/17 05:31 AM

Originally Posted By Ernie Site seems really funky today. Most letters typed don't appear... Been happening to me for a few weeks, both home and work puters. FWIW...notnew...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Good riddance by notnew2diy @ 11/20/17 05:27 AM

I just pick any old link.... Charles Manson dead ...notnew...
Handyman
Jump to new posts Cutting Granite Slabs by Clint_Robbins @ 11/19/17 09:25 PM

We're going to need to cut some long granite slabs into several different lengths in Haiti. They appear to be 3/4" to 1" thick in the photos we were furnished. Would a portable saw with a diamond blade work if we flooded the cuts with water
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: This forum by Able_Dog @ 11/19/17 06:30 PM

Not crazy about Alabama but like you I've been to Huntsville several times and I like Huntsville. It'll be nice living near my daughter and grandchildren.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Depressing topic but had to get done by Just_Bill @ 11/19/17 05:49 PM

My first wife left with my furniture, my money, and my son. I have not heard for any of the above since. My current wife of 44 years has not kicked me out, so I assume this is for life. The money we have is for us, until we are too stupid to decid
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.