Handyman Wire

Who's Online
6 registered (Able_Dog, Bob_Q, donnyd2, dave, 2 invisible), 54 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Very Interesting by CabinConnection @ 02/22/15 09:27 AM

I'm missing something here...
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: intermittent water pressure by BillJeffy @ 02/22/15 09:11 AM

. . I'd be looking for some restriction in the line either TO or FROM the water heater..... Any use of cold water (toilet) will lower pressure in the system, and hence cause low flow through heater lines. Check all heater lines for restriction/not
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Water line size? by BillJeffy @ 02/22/15 09:02 AM

. . Not really...... If the bathtub and shower are the only 'low pressure' areas, I'd be looking for a restriction on that section of line only. Does this section of line have it's own valve? Is it on the second floor? Does the sink in this bath
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Hot water wire by BillJeffy @ 02/22/15 08:55 AM

. . Doesn't necessarily need to be armored, but this in the USA Short connections (I think 4 feet is the length) aren't required to be armored if they go directly to an appliance, OR/UNLESS they are subject to 'physical damage' Your local rules ma
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Very Interesting by Able_Dog @ 02/22/15 08:54 AM

US has an economic/geographic advantage on the rest of the world because we have 17,000 miles of rivers, more than the rest of the world COMBINED; in two years we will be energy independent. A better looking future. (from Fareed Zacharia show)
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Is beating icicles off the roof a good idea? by BillJeffy @ 02/22/15 08:41 AM

. . Icicles are natures cantilever for combating high snow loads. .
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Is beating icicles off the roof a good idea? by BillJeffy @ 02/22/15 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By: morrisdancer I just forgeddaboudit when its warm...I'm gardening!!! .
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Water line size? by dodgegirl47 @ 02/22/15 08:10 AM

We currently have all 1/2" water lines in a 2 bathroom home and have bad water pressure in bathtub and shower.Would it help to use 3/4" or 1" on main line?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: American Sniper by Bob_Q @ 02/22/15 07:53 AM

As I have mentioned in the past,my younger brother was part of that fraternity from his Vietnam days. A friend of his,now retired,was a gunner,and spent 4 months with Kyles team overseas.I didn't ask,but assume he operated one the large guns on the v
Plumbing
Jump to new posts intermittent water pressure by fivethumbs @ 02/22/15 07:46 AM

Old house, old enough that when the washer or a toilet is running it changes the temps in the shower. Very cold right now. Gas water heater. Last week the water company had to mess with some valves in the neighborhood. Whole block had issues. P
Handyman
You see many roof hangers around here,even on newer homes. Even though we've had severely cold weather and lots of snow around here,we have still had several sunny days. You will notice those icicles are on the south and east side of her home. In ca
Electrical
Jump to new posts Hot water wire by Tooler @ 02/22/15 07:28 AM

Just moved in to a different house,has 40 gal electric water heater, 12 ga Romex from water heater to wall switch, shouldnt this be armourord cable or is this allright.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts American Sniper by mommapup. @ 02/22/15 07:04 AM

Saw it last night, and it was great. His story, the acting, directing, the story line... Just great. I'll bet it gets dissed at the awards tonight.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Memo to Uncle Sam.... by rfm3 @ 02/22/15 06:38 AM

Wife and daughter were on the vegetarian kick for a while thanks to one of our sister in laws who still preaches the concept Daughter quit after a few years because she was not getting enough protein Wife finally quit it a couple years back because
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: A friend is now Canadian. by Just_Bill @ 02/22/15 06:27 AM

NO, blizzards are the fault of man for using to much hydrocarbons, which causes global warming.....???? Oh just shut up and pay your carbon tax!!!!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Costochondral Separation by mommapup. @ 02/22/15 06:24 AM

We take a larger than recommended dose of "C" everyday. Not mega, but we even double up during cold season and if we encounter undesirable breathing conditions, like spray painting and sanding. (even with a mask)
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Memo to Uncle Sam.... by mommapup. @ 02/22/15 06:20 AM

Remember the equipment, chemicals, and processing that brings that "fuel" to your tank.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Is beating icicles off the roof a good idea? by morrisdancer @ 02/22/15 06:15 AM

I'm just happy to see another photo of that Grand Ol' Victorian House! You sure have a beautiful home, Deb. Living in an area with similar houses (but wood not brick) those icicles are nuttin' compared with ones I've seen. Can't see any reason fo
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Costochondral Separation by bilvihur @ 02/22/15 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_Dog He promoted orthomolecular medicine, megavitamin therapy, dietary supplements, and taking large doses of vitamin C. Linus Pauling earned a Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his research into the nature of molecular bonding
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Is beating icicles off the roof a good idea? by debodun @ 02/22/15 05:41 AM

No insulation in the attic. I can see the roof boards and wood floor.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: water valve handwheel with hole diameter of 3/8" by HandySapiens @ 02/22/15 05:20 AM

I counted the number of teeth for a quarter round and found there is 4 tips. Total number of teeth is 16. I got support from Danco. This company has very good technical support staff. They helped me identify closest part.I looked up home depot and
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Memo to Uncle Sam.... by notnew2diy @ 02/22/15 04:42 AM

Quote: The amount of sedentary time Americans spend in front of computers and TV sets is also a concern to the federal panel. I wonder if there is an App for that???
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Someting strange just happened should I worry by e_a_g_l_e_p_i @ 02/22/15 01:14 AM

Originally Posted By: code_ceisWas it a GFCI breaker? Yes it is, still no problems since I reset the breaker. Hoping it was a fluke
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Echo hedge trimmer won't idle by Foreverwood @ 02/21/15 09:42 PM

Success ! I've always been one of those people who couldn't get a project off my mind so after 12 hours of work , I decided to place this tiny roller back on. I'm going to try to describe this to the best of my ability so that perhaps in some way you
Pools and Spas
Jump to new posts Re: Pool pump math by zukev @ 02/21/15 09:37 PM

This is what I got off the pump itself: Sta-Rite P2R A5YE 133 Also, the cord indicates it is a 2 speed pump. A strange looking, 4 prong. Looks like a second ground prong in a way. Can a 3 prong cord be wired in it's place to just run 1 speed? Again
Page 30 of 36 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 35 36 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.