Handyman Wire

Who's Online
9 registered (rfm3, Able_Dog, Punky, CabinConnection, yardmaster, Onlyme, teamo, 2 invisible), 59 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by notnew2diy @ 01/22/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle_AlvahTheres a timer on the stove but the silly thing is not very loud, and it only beeps for about 10 seconds. Foolish design. You miss it.....your goose....is (over)cooked! My stove timer is the same, hence, the cell p
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by Bob_Fleming @ 01/22/15 01:07 PM

There are many portable timers available, usually battery operated. We use one and it is easy to operate. Some are easier to use than others, so try it out before relying on it. One we were given several years ago was hard to figure out.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 01/22/15 01:02 PM

Dollar store... They have this pink pig timer..
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: We are sold on this gadget by rfm3 @ 01/22/15 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogProbably got it because of Ray's constant whining about vacuuming up dog hair. actually the cat hair...much worse...BECAUSE...I never wanted cats but way back daughter wanted a cat...got one....then rescued a second...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Super Bowl WEEK (no chat please) by rfm3 @ 01/22/15 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: twoshoesOriginally Posted By: Able_Dog AA Winning Team .............. 30 BB Closest score Team each qtr 10 CC Closest total each qtr .... 15 DD Closest total score half... 20 EE Closest score each team ... 20 FF Total score
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Frugal man saves pennies by grizzly @ 01/22/15 12:43 PM

He has found many old-er coins of all denominations, in customer change, in coin rolls from the bank. ...Sounds like he has an interest! I'd encourage him to look for what is considered modern coins because there are many dates and varieties out the
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by rfm3 @ 01/22/15 12:40 PM

when in doubt the old classics will work
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by Ernie @ 01/22/15 12:32 PM

Originally Posted By: notnew2diyI set the alarm on my cell phone. Smart.. ` phone` Remember to set it.. I have one of those mental clocks.. when it comes to getting up ` at a certain`` time in the morning No batteries.. nothi
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by Uncle_Alvah @ 01/22/15 12:17 PM

Theres a timer on the stove but the silly thing is not very loud, and it only beeps for about 10 seconds. Foolish design. You miss it.....your goose....is (over)cooked!
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Tub/Shower has no cold water by RCovell @ 01/22/15 12:06 PM

Consider just replacing the whole valve (not the fixture) after getting 8 years of service out of it. You should be able to buy a replacement at a good plumbing supply house. It seems to me that these 'new' style valves don't have the staying power
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: primer paint smells bad by mommapup. @ 01/22/15 12:05 PM

Top coat should seal that back. What kind of primer? Latex or oil?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by notnew2diy @ 01/22/15 11:47 AM

I set the alarm on my cell phone.
Handyman
Jump to new posts primer paint smells bad by greatdeals_007 @ 01/22/15 11:18 AM

I have a bathroom with dark green latext paint. I applied primer and now the bathroom smells like old socks. the primer was sitting around for over a year, I mixed up good and applied. could that be the problem? should I be concerned before apply
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How Shocking by Bob_Q @ 01/22/15 10:27 AM

Originally Posted By: code_ceisOriginally Posted By: Bob_QPotentially,another crooked politician. Wall St. Journal He belongs in the same cell as J Bruno. Oh now now! Be nice. Joe was acquitted, AND he's a member of TCC.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How Shocking by Bob_Q @ 01/22/15 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: CabinConnection"To read the full story, subscribe or log in." But regardless, I have become so accustomed to our "leaders" being crooked, that it's the POSITIVE news story that catches my eye. Let's see.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by mommapup. @ 01/22/15 10:18 AM

My rule... Don't ever mess with the stove until after that first cup of coffee.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Invention idea.... by Ernie @ 01/22/15 10:06 AM

Digital talking wristwatch with digital display, alarm and time voice announcements. Easy to use, with an adjustable wristband. LCD digital numbers. Uses one CR2016 lithium battery (included). Easy to use Hard to forget with it SCREAMIN
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How Shocking by code_ceis @ 01/22/15 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Bob_QPotentially,another crooked politician. Wall St. Journal He belongs in the same cell as J Bruno.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Super Bowl WEEK (no chat please) by twoshoes @ 01/22/15 09:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_Dog AA Winning Team .............. 30 BB Closest score Team each qtr 10 CC Closest total each qtr .... 15 DD Closest total score half... 20 EE Closest score each team ... 20 FF Total score 0 away......... 30 FF Total s
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Tub/Shower has no cold water by CabinConnection @ 01/22/15 09:32 AM

Consider this post as "encouragement".
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Tub/Shower has no cold water by notnew2diy @ 01/22/15 09:23 AM

Price Pfister 0X8 series tub & shower single control, pressure balancing valve body. Installed 02/17/07. No or very little cold water when I turn the handle CCW. Within the manual I found this: Im not very good with plumbing. I have removed
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: We are sold on this gadget by BillJeffy @ 01/22/15 09:18 AM

. . Before you all get the idea that Ray hasn't got anything to do now that his vacuuming chores have been taken over by a computer, Think again !! It's kinda stressful anticipating the "START" time of the contraption, and eliminatin
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Outdoor cans by code_ceis @ 01/22/15 09:12 AM

I am seeing some LED soffit lights for outdoors that are all 12 volt after the driver-box. It makes the wiring a lot simpler. Two wire low voltage type. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5thqHKjIjQQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9d_xNNSpqg
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Invention idea.... by Uncle_Alvah @ 01/22/15 09:05 AM

I have a bad habit of putting something on the stove in the morning, then wandering off to the computer with my coffee, and I end up burning the stuff on the stove because I forget about it. Somebody needs to invent a coffee mug with a timer in it to
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How Shocking by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 01/22/15 08:47 AM

Yep! Keep looking for positive news.. Exactly what the crooks what you to do..
Page 30 of 39 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38 39 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.