Handyman Wire

Who's Online
3 registered (twoshoes, 2 invisible), 66 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Originally Posted By: Able_DogA black time in our history. Quote:Militiamen charged into the Cherokee country and drove the Cherokees from their cabins and houses. With rifles and bayonets they rounded up the Indians and placed them in prison
Around the shop
Originally Posted By: CabinConnectionTo clarify my posts... I don't think ANYONE here on HW is trying to "justify" the social injustices of the past. "Like many past civil/social events and policies which would be totally unaccepta
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Too many plumbing fittings by mommapup. @ 05/18/15 07:54 AM

Boy, you got that right... Fittings are a PITA. We made three trips to a top notch momma/poppa hardware store to get our live well plumbed. Everything went back. Ordered the proper part on-line, and plumbed from there. Did you know 6' of flex wash
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I wonder who this kid has been talkin' to? by Able_Dog @ 05/18/15 07:51 AM

Quite possible that something hit the windshield, but they said it was just before the crash and the speed at that point was too excessive for the curve. I don't see how that could have contributed to the crash. That train was going to crash. The th
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: No parking sign on a garage door by JMac @ 05/18/15 07:50 AM

Hot melt glue would work to hold it as well, and is easily removable. I'd avoid screwing it to the door.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by CabinConnection @ 05/18/15 07:48 AM

To clarify my posts... I don't think ANYONE here on HW is trying to "justify" the social injustices of the past.
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: noise by miller1 @ 05/18/15 07:48 AM

Further information........The situation seems to be noticible when the car is in neutral or park and being revved. Seems to start when the RPMs gauge is getting up to around 3 Does that sound a bit "easier" to diagnose/ speculate about???
Around the shop
"Excellent question. No answer completely fits but I say "No". No more than slavery was criminal at the time. Who knows, there may come a day when "standard practices", for instance the Federal SuperMax prisons, are consider
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Too many plumbing fittings by Uncle_Alvah @ 05/18/15 07:22 AM

I spent a fair amount of time in Lowes yesterday looking for a PVC fitting that was 1/2 glue in on one side, and threaded on the other to screw onto a male garden hose connector. There were SO many fittings, mostly in disarray from people rummaging a
Around the shop
" That being said, was Jackson's treatment "criminal" when considering the times/era?" A resounding YES. Unless you're being extremely literal in "criminal" and saying he didn't break a law. Was Hitler's treatment of t
Around the shop
A black time in our history. And we also did similar to the Lakota Sioux, we took their land then gave them seemingly worthless land (by treaty) in the Black Hills. Further the treaty stated the Army would keep whites out of their land. Then gold w
Around the shop
Quote:Federal troops and state militias began to move the Cherokees into stockades. In spite of warnings to troops to treat them kindly, the roundup proved harrowing. A missionary described what he found at one of the collection camps in June
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 05/18/15 06:39 AM

..... .... Miracles can happen to those that believe!!
Around the shop
Quote:That being said, was Jackson's treatment "criminal" when considering the times/era? Like many past civil/social events and policies which would be totally unacceptable now Quote: do you have the same opinion when judged b
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by Uncle_Alvah @ 05/18/15 06:22 AM

Quote:That being said, was Jackson's treatment "criminal" when considering the times/era? Excellent question. No answer completely fits but I say "No". No more than slavery was criminal at the time. Who knows, there may come a
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: noise by miller1 @ 05/18/15 06:18 AM

Canada here..I know of no place that would do a diagnostic check for free. Maybe there is, but not to my knowledge. Sound like a $50 check (or whatever) plus whatever they find that needs fixed............Fun week for cars...trying to shepherd cars o
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by CabinConnection @ 05/18/15 05:48 AM

Ya know, a few minutes ago I thought I felt an earthquake up here in far NW Wisconsin. Grabbing a cup of coffee and finding nothing in a Google search, I thought I'd check HW. Originally Posted By: Dennis_H_N.J.I agree here!! Originally Posted
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 05/18/15 05:43 AM

Here too!!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 05/18/15 05:43 AM

I agree here!!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by CabinConnection @ 05/18/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogOriginally Posted By: Uncle_AlvahAndrew Jackson aka "Old Hickory" was an SOB of the first order. How he got on the $20 to begin with I have no idea. War Criminal by today's standards anyway. Agree totally. H
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: It's possible, in the future, your 20 dollar bill by CabinConnection @ 05/18/15 12:06 AM

I love it... "America wants Harriet Tubman on $20 bill" "America" = 118,328 votes. (about .00037 of the population) Huh?
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Help with Water Softener by CabinConnection @ 05/17/15 11:48 PM

After cleaning, but before you refill with salt, you may want to run it through a few cycles. Just to be sure the controls are working properly. Depending on your softener design, this may save you from having to unload a whole bunch of new salt in
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Clintons by Able_Dog @ 05/17/15 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: DonkeyDaveGood luck with that. Long time between now and then. The situation could change dramatically with a tragic terrorist event for example. That s far from being out of the question. ISIS has retaken Ramadi, if they eve
Around the shop
Never knew that the Trail of Tears was during Van Buren's term but it was certainly all on Andrew Jackson as stated below. Quote:In a single week some 17,000 Cherokees were rounded up and herded into what was surely a concentration camp. Many sicke
Around the shop
"In fact, I think I'll burn all my twentys." Send them to me I'll dispose of them for you.
Page 30 of 33 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.