Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (mattpg1, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Tub Bearing Replacement by JasonB @ 06/26/15 07:23 AM

Remarkably little corrosion - the bearings are noisy, but the seal survived. No cracks etc. in the relevant parts. Washer is now back in service with new bearings. Turns out the problem was of his own making - In persuading the shaft thru the bear
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by Uncle_Alvah @ 06/26/15 07:22 AM

Quote:ran into the house and called police, Be interesting to know what the response time on THAT call was! Probably quicker than a robbery at the donut shop. And Brother, thats quick!
Plumbing
I would suggest a plumber install 2 sillcocks under the sink that stick out the side of the cabinet. What CC suggested is an option but remember: - the faucet is not designed to carry weight. If it has copper internals they will bend and sag, if p
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by Able_Dog @ 06/26/15 07:16 AM

I'm reminded of the Boston Marathon bombing, the streets were loaded with LE personnel, police and emergency vehicles and they caught the guy: Quote:A resident had gone outside to smoke and noticed a tarp on the boat was flapping, a relative told NB
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by Uncle_Alvah @ 06/26/15 07:13 AM

It has pretty much dropped off the radar on the news, a I'm sure you know. Some friends encountered two troopers checking cars on a very-back road a few miles outside of Old Forge a couple days ago and thats a fair distance from Dannemora. 80-100 mil
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by Able_Dog @ 06/26/15 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: code_ceisSoon I hope. I agree.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Terrorist attack by Able_Dog @ 06/26/15 07:06 AM

Add to that an attack on a Shia mosque in Kuwait with 8 killed. ISIS is taking credit for that one. Grandson is headed to Kuwait in about another month. He's already done a tour in Iraq. Granddaughter's husband coming home from Iraq next month, he'
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by code_ceis @ 06/26/15 07:05 AM

Soon I hope.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: ice maker by jeff1 @ 06/26/15 06:45 AM

Originally Posted By: eddie2004on you tube it shows thermo attached to back of module. Correct....inside the icemaker. jeff.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: You seen the sawzall anywhere???? by Able_Dog @ 06/26/15 06:45 AM

When do they give up the search? The cost is tremendous. Are they even thinking about it?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Terrorist attack by Able_Dog @ 06/26/15 06:39 AM

in Tunisia. Link says 19 killed but TV has the dead at 27. Also an American company in France was attacked and an American beheaded. I can't imagine how they will ever be able to stop these attacks.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Tub Bearing Replacement by bilvihur @ 06/26/15 06:14 AM

Originally Posted By: RickyC1000 Rear tub# 131525500 $245.55(partsdirect price), gasket# 134146100 27.45, basket# 131618500 $343.52. At those prices, and all the hours of labor, I suggest looking for sales on new washers!
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: short circuit by jdevlin @ 06/26/15 05:49 AM

Arcing is not a dead short and the current flow must have been lower than the breaker.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Walmart on-line by notnew2diy @ 06/26/15 04:45 AM

Originally Posted By: rfm3 almost as priceless as the programmer with 40 years experience being ignored for the 25 year old offshore Indian who has his degree and sure as heck knows it all (of course then that same youngun calls the old guy at 2 AM
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: ice maker by eddie2004 @ 06/25/15 10:25 PM

on you tube it shows thermo attached to back of module.
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: short circuit by eddie2004 @ 06/25/15 10:17 PM

think i found problem, air compressor on same panel, one of the capacitors had bare wire arcing to ground and was causing sensitive equipment to go whacky,2 questions, why did the breaker not trip when arcing to ground, and the arcing to ground did i
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Puzzled how to connect washing machine to water sp by CabinConnection @ 06/25/15 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: MarqMaybe I've completely missed something, why is the washing machine being installed in the bathroom? No idea on the "why?", but that's where they want to put it. Anyway, here's how: The adapter shown below (or o
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Chevy Express van by BillJeffy @ 06/25/15 09:18 PM

. . One side of the blower wiring goes to ground So the power goes ..... power fuse, switch, resistor, motor. (probably a relay in there too) Was the switch in the OFF position when the motor ran rampant ? Somewhere there's a short, and I'd expe
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Home Inspection by Able_Dog @ 06/25/15 08:58 PM

Nice house, Carmen Basilio's town.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Whirlpool washer not starting everytime by jeff1 @ 06/25/15 08:45 PM

Have read about some having to change the capacitor but have not had to do any yet ourselves... Capacitor Ohm testing a common capacitor... LINK> http://www.applianceaid.com/capacitor-testing.php jeff.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Tub Bearing Replacement by jeff1 @ 06/25/15 08:37 PM

Hi, If the bearings are shot, likely the tub support is cracked/rusted/corroded and will need to be replaced at the same time and the support only comes with the inner basket complete. Have seen many that are simply married together and will not com
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Home Inspection by code_ceis @ 06/25/15 08:33 PM

http://www.nothnagle.com/Properties/Details.aspx?MLS=19&M=R264849 Just up the road a "small" log cabin. $450 Grand
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Home Inspection by Able_Dog @ 06/25/15 08:07 PM

" The buyers realtor usually has an inspector they recommend (or in some cases mandate)" I can see a buyer's realtor recommending a HI. Doubt that he/she can "mandate" one. He/she is an agent for the buyer and works for the buyer
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Home Inspection by code_ceis @ 06/25/15 07:52 PM

The buyers Realtors and the sellers realtors are different here. The buyers realtor usually has an inspector they recommend (or in some cases mandate). I never understood the way they work as only the buyer benefits from a lower price. We have
Plumbing
Originally Posted By: MarqMaybe I've completely missed something, why is the washing machine being installed in the bathroom? Not being installed in the bathroom although I can see where you got the idea, LOL. It's a portable and the OP wanted to
Page 30 of 35 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 34 35 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.