Handyman Wire

Who's Online
4 registered (Able_Dog, twoshoes, 2 invisible), 90 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Won't Start When Hot by jkon @ 06/22/16 11:10 AM

OK thanks Jason. I have this Friday off so I'll have some time to check it out in more detail.
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Won't Start When Hot by JasonB @ 06/22/16 10:51 AM

That's an L-head engine, valves are effectively non-adjustable.... One grinds the stems or pushrods... Usually not the issue. First would be to check for spark when it is hot. Otherwise, I'd suspect the mixture is a touch lean perhaps. J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just as a reminder by Ernie @ 06/22/16 10:28 AM

Originally Posted By Bob_FlemingAll I know for sure is that it was plenty hot today. Well Now ! I'm glad it was You ! that mentioned that.. As a matter of fact it was Hot``` here`` Broke a few records ( heat index figures ) Not th
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just as a reminder by Ernie @ 06/22/16 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By rfm3Not sure why the 21st was in my mind. Oh well this is why my mind tends to think without me Maybe ? it was because `` it was the 21st ?`` Can't help you out on that one.. but to add there were `20``` more ```
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just as a reminder by Ernie @ 06/22/16 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By rfm3Today is June 21...the solstice, longest day, and if you are further north than me, even longer if below the equator, well shorter... How's the Weather Ray... Let me tell You about how` + ` Well the day seemed
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just as a reminder by Ernie @ 06/22/16 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By Joe_GuyYesterday I heard on the radio that summer started at about 3:30 PM PST. Today would be the first full day of summer, but knowing Obama, he probably changed it to fit his agenda and isn't telling us the truth... Ca
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by Ernie @ 06/22/16 10:08 AM

All the years I worked high ( roof elevation ) there were some close calls like being knocked off the plates by an inexperienced lift operator.. Have plenty of those kind of stories.... But what got to me was something I shared afte
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Like a weed...... by Ernie @ 06/22/16 09:18 AM

"get between us and with HIS back on one of us, push the other with HIS feet. " She has one half and I'm always ```on the edge `` But He's heavy enough and solid enough that wrapping one arm over His shoulders is eno
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by notnew2diy @ 06/22/16 09:15 AM

Last winter walking to my barn down the plowed path w/an arm full of stuff. I suddenly realized the barn was sideways. I thought WTF, and then it hit me. Bounced twice, was able to laugh and continue on. It didn't leave a mark...notnew....
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: A little project by Able_Dog @ 06/22/16 09:13 AM

Originally Posted By DonkeyDaveI'll be looking every day until I find one because the boss says this one is staying here. The boss? The boss? You tell her "look that stove is going to New Mexico and that's it". Don't tell I said that.
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Won't Start When Hot by jkon @ 06/22/16 09:13 AM

I have a push lawn mower with a B&S engine 123K02-0185-E1. It is 13 years old but I maintain it very well. Starts right up when cold. And it runs fine. However I have an awful time starting it again when it's hot. Sometimes takes 5 or 10 minutes
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Westminister chime doorbell plungers "sticky" by Able_Dog @ 06/22/16 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By doraTry using a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the plunger shafts and tips. Then give it a spray with dry lube , that stuff is great.
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Westminister chime doorbell plungers "sticky" by jdevlin @ 06/22/16 08:30 AM

If they are just gummy you should be able to clean. If the plastic sleeve in the coil has worn or warped then you are probably out of luck.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Rio Games by Uncle_Alvah @ 06/22/16 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By Able_DogI expected the mistake to be holding the Olympics there in the first place. First thing that came to my mind as well!
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Westminister chime doorbell plungers "sticky" by bilvihur @ 06/22/16 07:59 AM

Here's what they recommend to clean their chimes.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Rio Games by Able_Dog @ 06/22/16 07:57 AM

I expected the mistake to be holding the Olympics there in the first place. To be continued.....
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by Able_Dog @ 06/22/16 07:53 AM

Thanks dora, Not bad this AM, just feel like I was hit by a bus, LOL, kidding, just a little stiff. Yesterday I couldn't touch my face with my left hand. Iced the elbow last night and got most of the swelling down. A lot better today. Taking your ad
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Like a weed...... by Just_Bill @ 06/22/16 07:49 AM

Double bed, she would get between us and with her back on one of us, push the other with her feet. We are both on the edge , barely. Nice bed warmer in winter, however.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by Just_Bill @ 06/22/16 07:46 AM

Gary, I am assuming you got all that spilled paint cleaned up before her return???
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Westminister chime doorbell plungers "sticky" by Just_Bill @ 06/22/16 07:42 AM

What she said, but my experience has been that once they get gummy, it is time for a new one. They just never seem to work right after attempting a cleaning.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just as a reminder by rfm3 @ 06/22/16 07:00 AM

Not sure why the 21st was in my mind. Oh well this is why my mind tends to think without me
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Rio Games by Uncle_Alvah @ 06/22/16 05:16 AM

You can't un-ring a bell.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Rio Games by CabinConnection @ 06/22/16 01:42 AM

"We made a mistake."
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by Tripp @ 06/22/16 12:41 AM

Triple ditto! If I fall from a standing position alone I am sore for a good 5 days lol. Helmet excellent idea, never thought of that. Oh well, my ladder climbing days are about to be over. I'll never forget getting on my metal roof a month out from h
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Close Call by Gary O' @ 06/22/16 12:29 AM

I know that pain; Painted the house before we sold it The wife, with some help from the kids, did the bulk of the painting, as I pride myself on doing the trim (no masking). I was carefully stroking away with my brush edge around the storm door, no
Page 30 of 33 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.