Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (RCovell), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Forget: We Are The Pale Blue Dot by Uncle_Alvah @ 03/23/15 06:27 PM

What is the story behind that picture CC? I'm assuming from a Saturn spacecraft but when?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How To Preserve Dirt Clumpage? by CabinConnection @ 03/23/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogDipping it... ...just may cause globs of it to fall away. My fear as well. While it's pretty firm right now, I've kept it frozen 'till I figure where to go from here. I'm pretty much thinking spraying it with ??? will
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How To Preserve Dirt Clumpage? by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle_AlvahClear epoxy finish poured over it one or more times. Would depend a lot on how firm that outer crust is. Dipping it in varnish or pouring epoxy on it just may cause globs of it to fall away.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: gas stove igniter by simescan @ 03/23/15 06:20 PM

Thank you all for your help!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: War of the Worlds by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:19 PM

That shook a lot of people up. Some drove hundreds of miles away before they found out it was a radio show. They were ready to lynch Orson Welles.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What a damn brat!! by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:15 PM

"copycat ideas so to speak" Isn't that what you're saying with TV internet?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Swedish "one log" by CabinConnection @ 03/23/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogWhy is it impracticable? Back before I got my splitter(s), when I was a young buck, living in the Cascades, and heating with wood, believe me I hand split LOTS of wood. Looks to me like waaaay to much time dinking arou
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Forget: We Are The Pale Blue Dot by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:13 PM

Originally Posted By: DonkeyDaveWhile we're on the topic, I was thinking about ET's. Everything you read about them, tabloid or otherwise, presumes that they would be comparable in size to us. Think about that. They could be the size of mountains
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Species of Wood Would You Call This? by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:09 PM

By all means remove the tops and toss them.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Swedish "one log" by Able_Dog @ 03/23/15 06:05 PM

Originally Posted By: CabinConnectionOriginally Posted By: Able_DogLike most great simple ideas, "why the hell didn't I think of that?" For starters, it means you would have had an old tire lay'n around... And while a unique idea, pretty
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: gas stove igniter by simescan @ 03/23/15 06:05 PM

Yes, a park model is a small mobile home. The range is a "Brown" mod. #: MPM2303kw The polarity was reversed. I corrected it but, I think all of the recepticals on that circuit are reversed also, so I will have to change them. The clickin
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Swedish "one log" by DonkeyDave @ 03/23/15 05:56 PM

That's easy for you to say, you have a hydraulic splitter. I priced that hoo ha splitting axe. Would you believe $322.00?
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer vent Installation by CabinConnection @ 03/23/15 05:34 PM

Something to do in your spare time... Take the screws out, take the piping apart, flatten out any burrs left by the screws, tape it back together. Sleep well knowing you're much less likely to have blockage...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How To Preserve Dirt Clumpage? by Uncle_Alvah @ 03/23/15 04:49 PM

Clear epoxy finish poured over it one or more times.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts War of the Worlds by CabinConnection @ 03/23/15 04:38 PM

DD broached the "ET" factor in another thread, which brought back very fond memories of my listening to the Orson Welles radio broadcast of the HG Wells' War of the Worlds". What an INCREDIBLE broadcast! It should be required list
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Don't Forget: We Are The Pale Blue Dot by DonkeyDave @ 03/23/15 04:30 PM

While we're on the topic, I was thinking about ET's. Everything you read about them, tabloid or otherwise, presumes that they would be comparable in size to us. Think about that. They could be the size of mountains or microscopic. I think it woul
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What a damn brat!! by rfm3 @ 03/23/15 04:29 PM

well I would wonder how the mind was twisted..just saying, outside influences may play into things..copycat ideas so to speak. but I am far from an expert...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Species of Wood Would You Call This? by CabinConnection @ 03/23/15 04:27 PM

"School furniture" - what's that? Able, I plan on removing just the tops - 8 screws and POOF! They be gone! I'll take/post a photo of the tops tomorrow when I go to my shop. But IIRC, and like I said above, the top edges are that fake p
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: How To Preserve Dirt Clumpage? by rfm3 @ 03/23/15 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: CabinConnection Ideas on how I can preserve it, keeping it's natural beauty? L no offense intended, but preserving the beauty of a dirt clod is, well...boggling...but carry on sir...carry on I would think one of them plas
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer vent Installation by rfm3 @ 03/23/15 04:24 PM

Well this topic bums me out...seeing I have used sheet metal screws here and there to hold things in place...aka the dryer output area and some twists and turns
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Species of Wood Would You Call This? by DonkeyDave @ 03/23/15 04:21 PM

It looks like school furniture to me. I'd like to see what Al does with them.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer vent Installation by Just_Bill @ 03/23/15 04:20 PM

IRC just says smooth metal pipe. But that has been in force for quite a while.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer vent Installation by AnthraciteSparky @ 03/23/15 04:17 PM

We always use sheet metal, old school stuff. Any clue what code aluminum flex was banned ?
Gardening
Jump to new posts Re: Some time in the bed.... by notnew2diy @ 03/23/15 04:16 PM

"But they'd clog up with minerals"... I have soaker and sprinkler hoses. Both made of "porous rubber". Been using this type for 12 or so years. My well water goes thru my house filter. I also use a screw on plastic filter, per s
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Dryer vent Installation by AnthraciteSparky @ 03/23/15 04:13 PM

Just like in waste pipe runs avoid 90 elbows when practical, use 45 transitions made out of the 90 helps as well.
Page 30 of 40 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 39 40 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.