Handyman Wire

Who's Online
3 registered (Gary O', 2 invisible), 63 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by twoshoes @ 05/23/16 12:27 PM

Originally Posted By Able_DogOriginally Posted By BillJeffy. . ....... ° ....... Hey, works ! neat.... got any more codes ? Could use one for 'cents' . Looked for that in the "Alt" codes a couple of weeks ago and there was none, yo
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by Able_Dog @ 05/23/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By BillJeffy. . ....... ° ....... Hey, works ! neat.... got any more codes ? Could use one for 'cents' . Looked for that in the "Alt" codes a couple of weeks ago and there was none, you would think there would be.
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: Whirlpool Washer by FranS @ 05/23/16 12:09 PM

very annoying. bought the machine in early 80's. coupler lasted until about 5 years ago. i've washed comforters, horse blankets, lots of big, thick, heavy items on that original part. 2nd coupler lasted about 2 years, 3rd coupler, a matter of months.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by Ernie @ 05/23/16 12:04 PM

`♪`♥`♪` ` `` The Blues `` ` ` < Brothers ? > `` Weight till Ray`` `` get's ahh HOLD OF THIS ``` Thanks Bill and Al... I can now sit quietly alone... Playing wit dim dare keys...` `
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by Ernie @ 05/23/16 11:55 AM

````` `````` ~~ ♥ ~~ ````` `````````````````
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: engine light by eddie2004 @ 05/23/16 11:46 AM

So if the problem has cleared itself one must go out and buy scan tool to reset light, disconnecting battery will not reset light.
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Maytag wash machine motor hard wire question by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By Ryan99 I never said anything about a 2 speed washer so idk where you would of got that from From this - HAV2557AWW - Indicates a 2 speed motor in use........... .
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Maytag wash machine motor hard wire question by Holmesuser01 @ 05/23/16 11:19 AM

Every Maytag I've seen were either single speed or 2 speed. The motors on the older ones were reversable.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 11:16 AM

. . .... ¢ ..... Sooper = found this ... http://www.alt-codes.net/ Check one for "learn something new today" Now to do my good deed, and day will be complete .
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought I was bad by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 11:08 AM

. . Don't worry Dave, you're still the "baddest" in my book .
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 11:05 AM

. . ....... ° ....... Hey, works ! neat.... got any more codes ? Could use one for 'cents' .
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: engine light by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 11:00 AM

. . well first, you havta find out 'why' the light..... Any of those auto stores will tell you for free. Then, depending on the reason, the fault should be repaired and the light reset. You can buy a scan tool that will tell you, AND turn off the
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by CabinConnection @ 05/23/16 10:55 AM

Reality is... I'll forget The Special Code by this afternoon, and resort to my usual F. As in 20F.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by CabinConnection @ 05/23/16 10:52 AM

heh... Found this also: Alt 0 1 7 6 enters ° With the 0 1 7 6 on the key pad on the right (not the one on the top of the keyboard). Thanks!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What Key Is This? by code_ceis @ 05/23/16 10:47 AM

Quote: Use the Symbols command. This command works with Excel, FrontPage, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word and Visio. Go to the Insert menu. Click on Symbol. Scroll down to the degree symbol - º - and double click on it. It will insert
Around the shop
Jump to new posts What Key Is This? by CabinConnection @ 05/23/16 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By bilvihurOrdinarily that's true. But, in winter, if it's been sitting in the 20° trunk of your car, you might want to... The "degree" in this post: "°"
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: engine light by eddie2004 @ 05/23/16 10:27 AM

So when you state clear it do you mean turn off engine light, if not how do you get light to go off?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought I was bad by Able_Dog @ 05/23/16 10:11 AM

Empty
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: engine light by CabinConnection @ 05/23/16 10:07 AM

Originally Posted By BillJeffyOriginally Posted By CabinConnectionAutozone (and similar) will plug in and read the code, but they will not clear it. May be a state or region thing... Federal - Goes against the 'clean air act' to clear it..... He
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: And I thought I was bad by Able_Dog @ 05/23/16 10:01 AM

Originally Posted By DonkeyDaveAbout clearing out my junk. I tried to send Able dog a PM but he's over the saved messages limit. Probably the first time in all the years I've been here, usually keep it empty after about 20-25 msgs. I'll empty
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Toilet (wax ring) by bilvihur @ 05/23/16 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By Bob_Fleming ...no reason to heat wax ring. Ordinarily that's true. But, in winter, if it's been sitting in the 20° trunk of your car, you might want to...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts And I thought I was bad by DonkeyDave @ 05/23/16 09:48 AM

About clearing out my junk. I tried to send Able dog a PM but he's over the saved messages limit.
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: engine light by BillJeffy @ 05/23/16 09:44 AM

Originally Posted By CabinConnectionAutozone (and similar) will plug in and read the code, but they will not clear it. May be a state or region thing... Federal - Goes against the 'clean air act' to clear it..... Hefty fine .
Small Engine Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Yazoo mower will not fire up and keep running by Northsidedrive @ 05/23/16 09:28 AM

Model ===195437 Type ====104101 code====9312021B
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Toilet (wax ring) by Able_Dog @ 05/23/16 09:06 AM

" place new ring" Place it where? I prefer to place it on the flange. Some prefer to place it on the toilet. You have the studs to guide you when you place the toilet and the ring is stationary (on the floor). Less filling, better taste.
Page 30 of 31 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.