Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 49 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: GE Trition Profile Performance Dishwasher by jeff1 @ 09/24/14 06:59 AM

Hi, Quote:GE Trition Profile Performance Dishwasher with 6 cycles, early 1990's model Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model-number.php Some model# helps. jeff.
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by JasonB @ 09/24/14 06:59 AM

I've never used anything coarser than a Nicholson Axe file's double cut side myself. I find that coarser files are harder to control. A sharp mill [censored] is nice to use too. Don't go too agressive, or you won't be able to keep the file cutting
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: A "Roll Cloud" In Florida... by Able_Dog @ 09/24/14 06:58 AM

Venice, Florida (Sarasota County). That's a weird looking cloud.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Neat Pfister Faucet Pop Up Assembly by Punky @ 09/24/14 06:56 AM

the plastic also becomes brittle and will break when you least expect it to.
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by Uncle_Alvah @ 09/24/14 06:55 AM

Originally Posted By: frodowould a 20 degree jig help ? Seems some kind of jig would be good. I figure to maybe try it without one, but will more likely build a jig like in the video.....
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: switch for water pump by jdevlin @ 09/24/14 06:51 AM

Sounds like a good idea to me. I don't think there is anything in the code about water pump switches.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: NFL WEEK 4 by CabinConnection @ 09/24/14 06:50 AM

WEEK 4 THU, SEPT 25 13 GAMES >>>>>>>>>>> CODE..CC... ABLE. RFM.. TWOS. DORA. WEEK 1 >>>> 10-06 09-07 11-05 09-07 09-07 08-08 WEEK 2 >>>> 07-09 10-06 07-09 09-07 08-08 09-07 WEEK 3 >>
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by Uncle_Alvah @ 09/24/14 06:50 AM

I believe I was taking the term "flat grind" too literally. Came across this from Wiki: Quote:A true, flat ground knife having only a single bevel is somewhat of a rarity. Its starting to make sense.....thats scary..... As an aside, I sto
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by frodo @ 09/24/14 06:49 AM

ah....understood sinsei
Around the shop
Jump to new posts NFL WEEK 4 by Able_Dog @ 09/24/14 06:43 AM

Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: gotta question by frodo @ 09/24/14 06:42 AM

trying to find "gallery forum" seems the elusive file manager might be hanging out their. copied from FAQ Using Gallery Forums are just like using any other forums... However, you can post images too! After you create your post (subj
Electrical
Jump to new posts switch for water pump by stateline @ 09/24/14 06:35 AM

is there anything anywhere in the ele code that says I can't put a switch for the water pump near the exit door so when I leave I can shut the pump off, anything can happen, heat go off, pipe breaks ect. and I would like to prevent a flood, I usually
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by JasonB @ 09/24/14 06:29 AM

It's all about the angles. If you make the primary grind go 1" towards the spine from the edge, you're left with a 1/2" deep spine. The line from the midpoint of the edge to the spine makes a 5 degree angle, making the total angle include
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by frodo @ 09/24/14 06:29 AM

would a 20 degree jig help ? i am watching with interest. the cheering section
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: A "Roll Cloud" In Florida... by mommapup. @ 09/24/14 06:26 AM

I want one...
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by Uncle_Alvah @ 09/24/14 05:55 AM

I am having difficulty with figuring out the skivvy on blade angle. A straight grind has been recommended to me for this particular knife. I was thinking a compound bevel.In a straight grind, AIUI, the taper goes in one straight line on each side to
Heating and Air Conditioning
Jump to new posts Re: Exhaust or whole house fan? by CabinConnection @ 09/24/14 05:54 AM

Originally Posted By: bilvihurTo add a little to what Cab explained: Efficient use of a whole-house fan involves running it with the house windows open during the cooler part of the day (night), then turning it off and closing the windows during the
Heating and Air Conditioning
Jump to new posts Re: Exhaust or whole house fan? by bilvihur @ 09/24/14 05:52 AM

To add a little to what Cab explained: Efficient use of a whole-house fan involves running it with the house windows open during the cooler part of the day (night), then turning it off and closing the windows during the warmer part of the day.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What does a pregnant woman do in Alaska? by Just_Bill @ 09/24/14 05:36 AM

Properly placed, a .22LR will do the job, a .270 certainly should .....if properly placed. And since the freezer was filled, I am assuming it was well placed!!!
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Kitchen faucet by Just_Bill @ 09/24/14 05:32 AM

Liberal application of CLR may free things up.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Neat Pfister Faucet Pop Up Assembly by Just_Bill @ 09/24/14 05:30 AM

My experience with similar types, is how hard are they to fix when they fail, and they will. The spring is metal and what does metal do when always wet????????
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Alarm system by JasonB @ 09/24/14 05:23 AM

Nice image quality! Glad you got'im.
Woodworking / Hobby Shop
Jump to new posts Re: First knife by JasonB @ 09/24/14 05:21 AM

Frodo, Unc is attempting this knife with all simple hand tooling, basically a hacksaw and some files. The bench grinder you have could save some time and largely replace the hacksaw in what you see happening here, but you could probably do worse tha
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: What does a pregnant woman do in Alaska? by notnew2diy @ 09/24/14 04:53 AM

The Alaskan version of fast food(smile).
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: take a look at this 55 chevy. best in full screen by notnew2diy @ 09/24/14 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: grizzly ...I wonder why there weren't any seat belts? I saw that on the news a day or so ago. The anchor said the driver/owner had admitted the seat belts were not installed properly. He's a very lucky man.
Page 30 of 33 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.