Handyman Wire

Who's Online
7 registered (Bob_Q, Amateur, pennypicher, BobR, Joe_Guy, 2 invisible), 59 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Did you ever see anyone who drove a "Beemer" that you liked? ...it doesn't matter who's driving what. I've seen people that drive chevy volts parked in handicapped spots with no plates or tags... and I really don't dislike volt drivers b
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Another insidious Attempt by grizzly @ 04/11/14 09:35 AM

...I too received something similar recently. one has to be careful with all these creeps trying to screw us...
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Help! Hijack? by dave @ 04/11/14 09:27 AM

Got 'er did! Thanks for all the help. ask.com is history.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Nevada rancher in a standoff over his cattle... by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 04/11/14 09:00 AM

Bill... Are you saying that you believe were still a free country??
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I finally did it! by yardmaster @ 04/11/14 08:30 AM

Computer Help
Jump to new posts Another insidious Attempt by rfm3 @ 04/11/14 08:29 AM

Second time this month our email gets an email saying they attempted to make a delivery and could not so here is a shipping label, " Our courier couldnt make the delivery of parcel to you at 07th April 2014. Print label and show it in the near
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: better think twice before parking near.......... by yardmaster @ 04/11/14 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: CabinConnection A fireman friend said they don't have the time nor patience to try and move the vehicle. And usually other equipment already in place prevents it anyhow. So out come the window smashers, as well as a grin.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Fedex truck by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 07:29 AM

crossed the center line and crashed into a school bus, ten dead. Horrible.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody here believe by code_ceis @ 04/11/14 07:28 AM

Rules gun owners should know. I think he knew the target. 1. Always Keep The Muzzle Pointed In A Safe Direction 2. Firearms Should Be Unloaded When Not Actually In Use 3. Don't Rely On Your Gun's "Safety" 4. Be Sure Of Your Target And Wh
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Its a big ocean by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 07:23 AM

Originally Posted By: CabinConnectionOriginally Posted By: Able_DogI guess it depends on the ocean bottom in the area. I was just relating to that other plane that they KNEW where it went down, and it still took what (?), two years? And this ocean
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: fascia rot by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:47 AM

Originally Posted By: jdevlinForever if protected and installed properly Yep. Although when I see it, the rot is "always" in an area where the board is continually subjected to water, and doesn't have proper/adequate drainage. Where it d
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Its a big ocean by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogI guess it depends on the ocean bottom in the area. I was just relating to that other plane that they KNEW where it went down, and it still took what (?), two years?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Its a big ocean by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 06:36 AM

I guess it depends on the ocean bottom in the area. A commentator this AM said it's easier to scan the surface of the moon than the ocean bottom.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: better think twice before parking near.......... by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:36 AM

Actually yes. A friend in high school had an old one that he'd restored. But that was forty-two years ago. (And I assume you're NOT talking about BMW scooters, 'cuz on those a couple (!) of friends of mine have them... But they wave oddly...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody here believe by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogOscar Pistorius' story? I haven't been following it closely but his version makes no sense to me. I think he's going to be convicted. Same here.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Anybody here believe by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 06:33 AM

Oscar Pistorius' story? I haven't been following it closely but his version makes no sense to me. I think he's going to be convicted.
Around the shop
"So out come the window smashers, as well as a grin." Did you ever see anyone who drove a "Beemer" that you liked?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Its a big ocean by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Able_Dog...it may take a couple of months to actually find it. Possibly "years" no?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I finally did it! by Dennis_H_N.J. @ 04/11/14 06:26 AM

Now you need to get rid of that baseball cap, and get a neat cowboy hat... Then you and mama ride out in the sunset!! Good for you!!!! I'm jealous!!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: better think twice before parking near.......... by CabinConnection @ 04/11/14 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: yardmasterI've seen that situation before. Me too. Every 4-5 years a similar instance hits the news. A fireman friend said they don't have the time nor patience to try and move the vehicle. And usually other equipment already
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Its a big ocean by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 06:24 AM

Latest word this AM is they are "confident" they have located the the black box within "a few kilometers". Certainly progress but it may take a couple of months to actually find it. A lot of unanswered questions, mainly what star
Around the shop
It's for show. They could easily have dragged that car with one of the fire trucks.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: I finally did it! by Able_Dog @ 04/11/14 06:01 AM

Way to go Dave, it's very humbling to be outsmarted by an animal, I know first hand.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Nevada rancher in a standoff over his cattle... by Just_Bill @ 04/11/14 05:56 AM

I don't understand how our gument can simply declare open land as federal. If we were Russia, I would understand it.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: fascia rot by Just_Bill @ 04/11/14 05:45 AM

More often than not, fascia is partially covered w/gutters, so maintenance is not done until it is too late.
Page 30 of 31 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.