Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (shooter), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Silicone Sealant or Plumber's Putty by grizzly @ 11/20/14 06:21 AM

...I've used your system too with great results...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Nice "Manly" Handle, But... by morrisdancer @ 11/20/14 05:58 AM

Kids bought Hubby 2 pans like that! "Really high quality", too (actually thanks to them using a gift card WE GAVE THEM THE YEAR BEFORE! :D). The handle slips off so one can put the pan in the oven. Which I've never done, cast iron for th
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Nice "Manly" Handle, But... by JasonB @ 11/20/14 05:20 AM

Wow. Nice design. J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ironwood. by JasonB @ 11/20/14 05:19 AM

Polishes very much like soapstone, I think... But with GRAIN! J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: A list that can upset Americans.... by JasonB @ 11/20/14 05:14 AM

Nope, no snow here yesterday, though there's an exceedingly slick 2-3" down this morning, just enough to make the drive interesting... Certainly better here than Buffalo, ya know? J
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Nice "Manly" Handle, But... by notnew2diy @ 11/20/14 04:13 AM

We had one like that. Originally bought for omelets. Our was made in the land of the almost right. Sold it at a garage sale.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Nice "Manly" Handle, But... by CabinConnection @ 11/20/14 03:11 AM

...seriously? They went into production with this? I guess this 8" frying pan was specially balanced so that it could accommodate a cook top that wasn't quite level, eh?
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Silicone Sealant or Plumber's Putty by RCovell @ 11/19/14 09:59 PM

Part of my standard operating procedure for installing new pop up assemblies is to add two wraps of Teflon tape on the threads of the body, right under where the beveled gasket and nut are located. I've had too many leaks in that location and the T
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Chair mats? by BillJeffy @ 11/19/14 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: code_ceis Now I have to figure out how to get a piece 7.98 feet high through a 6'8" door. Pythagoras sez it'll be 10" short on a diagonal (if you elect to go that way) BUT, the masonite will flex enough to go throu
Plumbing
If, by vent, you're referring to the exhaust leading outside, I checked that before and the air is flowing out of it pretty well when the exhaust fan is on. Is that the vent you're referring to? It might also be helpful for me to mention that I've
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Gruber, who's he? by grizzly @ 11/19/14 05:46 PM

...even Jon Stewart knows of Gruber
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Is my landlord using my electricity? by grizzly @ 11/19/14 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Clint_RobbinsQuote:I used to do it to my kids when the 15 minute timer ran out. My kids only had 8 minutes for a shower. ...Sounds like you were twice as mean...
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Speaking of Nuts... by yardmaster @ 11/19/14 05:23 PM

I discovered them almost 4 yrs ago for my Room for 1 more? job. Bought a pack from Amazon since I couldn't find 8 port size local to me. The things are awesome!
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Is my landlord using my electricity? by Clint_Robbins @ 11/19/14 05:16 PM

Quote:I used to do it to my kids when the 15 minute timer ran out. My kids only had 8 minutes for a shower.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Silicone Sealant or Plumber's Putty by Clint_Robbins @ 11/19/14 05:14 PM

I've seen rough surfaces and voids on the bottom of the bowl that required dressing up to provide a good seal.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ironwood. by Just_Bill @ 11/19/14 05:13 PM

I'll bet it polishes better than stone????? beautiful grain!!!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 4 feet of snow ....so far..... by Just_Bill @ 11/19/14 05:07 PM

darned global warming again..........
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Is my landlord using my electricity? by Just_Bill @ 11/19/14 05:04 PM

Is it a true duplex, or just two units?? Are you paying for separate utilities?? If yes, he should not be using your utilities.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 4 feet of snow ....so far..... by jdevlin @ 11/19/14 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Able_Dog I wonder if they'll make it for game time? There's a lot of work there. The news says they are paying $10 an hour and a ticket to the game for help. The phone line was overloaded.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 4 feet of snow ....so far..... by Able_Dog @ 11/19/14 04:31 PM

"Snow load on the roof would be one of my concerns." Yes, that would sure be a consideration (and a big worry). The snow I saw on TV earlier today looked wet and heavy.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Is my landlord using my electricity? by pennypicher @ 11/19/14 04:24 PM

I used to do it to my kids when the 15 minute timer ran out. They got the message quick. I was so mean but they now have kids and see what I meant. By the way who pays for the hot water?? Im guessing you or this wouldn't be a concern.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Silicone Sealant or Plumber's Putty by Able_Dog @ 11/19/14 04:24 PM

Had one of those that drove me crazy, further down on the tailpiece leak showed up at the joint kept tightening it and changing out the ferrule until I finally saw a pin hole higher up on the NEW brass tailpiece. When you're having problems like tha
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 4 feet of snow ....so far..... by DonkeyDave @ 11/19/14 04:07 PM

There'll be a lot of babies born nine months from now.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: 4 feet of snow ....so far..... by notnew2diy @ 11/19/14 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Able_DogI feel sorry for those people who are snowed in. You got that right. Snow load on the roof would be one of my concerns.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Thought, weather? by Bob_Fleming @ 11/19/14 03:41 PM

People just can't imagine how heavy RR cars and engines are! One talks of the weight in tons, not pounds. And with weights like that, it takes a looong time to stop. I'm surprised some do-gooder hasn't tried to outlaw them, or require that ALL RR cr
Page 30 of 34 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.