Handyman Wire

Who's Online
2 registered (Punky, RCovell), 92 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Cool Photo by FranS @ 09/23/16 03:02 PM

aaaahhhh. magnification. but am i right, it's hair?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Managing risk by FranS @ 09/23/16 03:01 PM

some get liability insurance and if they have workers, workers comp or the like. yes, some clients do ask as they don't want to get sued if someone gets insured on their property. others may have more to offer.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Cool Photo by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 03:00 PM

Originally Posted By FranSwhose hair is that? You wouldn't know it from the photo, but it's silky smooth...
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Ted Cruz by rfm3 @ 09/23/16 02:51 PM

wow, so tell us how you really feel?? You pretty much said what I have felt for many years... just a game of power to these people or as James Freeman Clarke puts it: “The difference between a politician and a statesman is that a politician
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Cool Photo by FranS @ 09/23/16 02:44 PM

whose hair is that?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just one of those sappy stories by FranS @ 09/23/16 02:44 PM

aaawwwww
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Ted Cruz by Able_Dog @ 09/23/16 02:43 PM

Endorses D Trump showing that all politicians are whores. Trump called him a liar, intimated that his father was involved in the JFK assassination and insulted his wife. Cruz said he would never endorse anyone who did that but looking forward to run
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by FranS @ 09/23/16 02:39 PM

geeze, maybe i should leave the house heated. it's propane central heat (house was updated) & my tank is about 85% full. so, if i leave it at about 50 would that be high enough?
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Today's Cool Photo by Able_Dog @ 09/23/16 02:27 PM

Breathtaking!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just one of those sappy stories by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 02:26 PM

"Despite the new arrival Ginger told ABC that Josh still goes to see Duchess for a cuddle." GOOD!!!
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Water Softener Question by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 02:24 PM

This is a Ford vs Chevy topic, me thinks. LOTS of "opinions". However, there have been many studies on this, notably one from the University of Wisconsin. I'm on my cell phone now, so can't access it, but the bottom line is there is no a
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Just one of those sappy stories by Able_Dog @ 09/23/16 02:22 PM

Nice follow-up to the story we saw a little while back. You know that boy is going to love that dog.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Today's Cool Photo by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 02:19 PM

Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 02:12 PM

From a previous entry of mine - What I do: * Turn off water supply at curb stop or well. If shallow well, drain pump. * Open hot and cold at all faucets. * Turn off breaker; drain hot water tank. * Find lowest points in each water circuit and
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By jdevlinMake sure it is turned off or the elements will burn out. Yes! It should be turned off FIRST! Before draining!
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Just one of those sappy stories by rfm3 @ 09/23/16 01:53 PM

A boy and a dog
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Managing risk by curiouscat @ 09/23/16 01:50 PM

Hey everybody. I was wondering how people protect themselves financially while on the job. Contracts, estimates, insurance, etc? Do most people buy some sort of liability insurance? Do clients ever require it? Thanks! Sunil ps. I'll disclaim tha
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Bad JuJu in Charlotte..... by rfm3 @ 09/23/16 01:43 PM

And here is a different approach to things In one of the most touching moments of the nights of protests in Charlotte, someone wearing a “Free Hugs” shirt walked over to the line of police officers and gave one of them a hug. However the guy
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Bad JuJu in Charlotte..... by rfm3 @ 09/23/16 01:40 PM

So here is a video released today showing the incident. Kind of I say kind of because I sure cannot make out a lot. Obviously the video is hery kerky and one cannot see a lot, or at least I can't I suppose experts can "clean it up" to s
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by jdevlin @ 09/23/16 01:33 PM

Any pipe, supply or drain, that is not in a heated space needs to be drained. The water heater should be drained. Make sure it is turned off or the elements will burn out.
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: Brake light socket by BBS @ 09/23/16 01:18 PM

Back in 1986 I doubt there is anything that is monitoring the socket other than if there is a load or not (may throw a light on the dash indicatiing a bulb is out) If it does not have that indicator, you can use any socket you wish as long as it fits
Auto Repair
Jump to new posts Re: window switch by BBS @ 09/23/16 01:14 PM

Note, the part was updated for a reason, poor quality, short life, past issues and yours being dead tells me that was probably the case. Buy the newer updated version as the older one may be new but may fail just the same.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by CabinConnection @ 09/23/16 01:09 PM

Antifreeze should be RV antifreeze, ONLY! It's potable and won't hurt your historic home.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by FranS @ 09/23/16 01:00 PM

YEH, RIght now, the power is off. not sure i can put AF in the drains where this house is located. historic house/town. only thing not insulated is the unfinished part of the attic. when i move up there, i plan on rectifying that.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Winterizing the pipes by FredDwyer @ 09/23/16 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By JMac Throw some antifreeze in the drains to protect the traps. That includes the toilets. You probably knew that, but it just needed to be said for others who might read this.
Page 30 of 32 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback.| Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright ©1999-2016, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.