Handyman Wire

Who's Online
1 registered (DonkeyDave), 61 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Welcome Newcomers
Unregistered users may only post in the handyman forum. If you register, you may post in any forum and use of CAPTCHA code is not required.
Advertisement
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Latest Windows 7 Updates by kodak_jack @ 08/23/14 06:47 AM

I think so, but nothing spectacular. That day it installed 14 updates. I also don't appreciate the update box that pops up, for updates I do not want, every time I get on the computer.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Accurate quotes by Uncle_Alvah @ 08/23/14 06:46 AM

I have a thing about accuracy in quotes and statements, especially as that applies to politicians and other leaders. Inaccurate statements or quotes taken out of context are just deception, and theres plenty of that in the political arena as it is. A
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: GE GSS22JEPAWW ice problem by twoshoes @ 08/23/14 06:41 AM

Thanks Jeff, will pick up your recommendations.
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Sump Pit Cant handle Water coming in by Bob_Q @ 08/23/14 06:41 AM

I agree with some of the others that you need to do something about your outside problem and not just concentrate on buying larger,more powerful pumps for your basement. That amount of water coming thru your basement walls can't be doing them any goo
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Green Bay by rfm3 @ 08/23/14 06:22 AM

Originally Posted By: code_ceisChicago will be a dry town after they loose their opener. Yes and Johnny Manzel will take Cleveland to the Super Bowl
Handyman
Jump to new posts Attaching copper to PT by wsommariva @ 08/23/14 06:15 AM

Hi everyone, I need to attach copper post caps to my 4 x 6 pt posts. I was thinking that liquid nails would work. But I have at home gutter sealant. Think that will do it?
Handyman
Jump to new posts Concrete Pad "Repair" by CabinConnection @ 08/23/14 05:34 AM

I've got a 9'x9' pad in front of my entry door. Probably poured 20+ years ago, and has house structure on two edges, open to grade on the other two. There are no cracks in the pad, nor has it heaved. However, the top surface is concave and colle
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Question Regarding Electrical Issues by jdevlin @ 08/23/14 05:26 AM

I have no idea what burning mercury smells like. If the AC is not cooling like it should I would call the installer back to check it over. Perhaps the second strike did more damage than you think.
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Winnipeg's snow problem in summer by Just_Bill @ 08/23/14 05:22 AM

Just when they said we were all going to die from global warming...........the snow won't melt....in summer...????
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Question Regarding Electrical Issues by Just_Bill @ 08/23/14 05:11 AM

having never burned mercury, not sure what it smells like. But you might want to consider lighting rods and lightning protection in the service panel. Lightning does work strange ways in a house. It will get some gadgets and miss others for no a
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Wiring two fluorescent lights by Marq @ 08/23/14 04:57 AM

Just change the single plug to duplex and be done, what do they cost less that a $1?
Computer Help
Jump to new posts Re: Latest Windows 7 Updates by bilvihur @ 08/23/14 04:46 AM

Originally Posted By: kodak_jack 8/22: I found two of the updates like you said and uninstalled them. Easier than all the hoops the article wants you to jump through. Thanks. Do you notice any change in performance?
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Sump Pit Cant handle Water coming in by Clint_Robbins @ 08/23/14 04:20 AM

The BEST option would be a gravity drainage system but, if that isn't feasible, a retention pond with an exterior pump might take a lot of pressure off of the interior pumps.
Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Question Regarding Electrical Issues by CabinConnection @ 08/23/14 04:12 AM

Welcome to HW Cahill! I can't offer any advice on your problem, but I am curious as to where you live? House getting hit TWICE within a week? Do you live on a mountain peak? Sheeeesh!
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Mold Armor Deck Cleaner - SCORE! by CabinConnection @ 08/23/14 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: pennypicherThe mold cleaner for showers works good too. Agree!
Appliances
Jump to new posts Re: GE GSS22JEPAWW ice problem by jeff1 @ 08/22/14 11:18 PM

Quote:What size wire nuts do I need to get to make the connections? None came with the parts. I prefer using wire nuts as opposed to those crimp type connectors as I am not sure I will make good connections with them. A #30 or #31 marr connector wil
Electrical
Jump to new posts Question Regarding Electrical Issues by Cahill @ 08/22/14 11:03 PM

Hello, About two weeks ago, my house was struck by lightning, causing the ac, thermostats, computers etc etc to stop working. Within a week, everything was replaced. A week later, my house was struck by lightning again, at least, according to the el
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: For some reason this song is stuck in my head by Able_Dog @ 08/22/14 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob_FlemingI have that happen just about every morning. Some tune, but not that one. It will go away as you hear another tune. The one you are hearing is the Col Bogie (sp?) march; I forget the composer. Gee, now I have it! Cri
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: Another version of the Michael Brown shooting by Bob_Fleming @ 08/22/14 10:54 PM

Anybody can call himself Rev and not be officially challenged in today's society. I read the other day that some unknown actor had decided to set up a church in SoCA. Shoot, my neighbor there bought an online "Reverend" so he could marry hi
Around the shop
Jump to new posts Re: For some reason this song is stuck in my head by Bob_Fleming @ 08/22/14 10:29 PM

I have that happen just about every morning. Some tune, but not that one. It will go away as you hear another tune. The one you are hearing is the Col Bogie (sp?) march; I forget the composer. Gee, now I have it! Critics: Gee, guys; it was a fiction
Plumbing
Jump to new posts Re: Sump Pit Cant handle Water coming in by RCovell @ 08/22/14 10:15 PM

Pricey little devils, aren't they? Bob.
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Expansion joints on concrete driveway question by Able_Dog @ 08/22/14 10:00 PM

My driveway is comparable to yours except not as long which doesn't matter. You certainly have expansion joints but as Clint said you don't need them and I certainly agree with that. So your problem is strictly aesthetics but it probably doesn't cha
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Expansion joints on concrete driveway question by twoshoes @ 08/22/14 09:48 PM

Clint, Thank you very much for the reply. The only reason I did some research was because some of the statements you made in your initial reply confused me. You said "that my driveway is too small to require actual expansion joints. What
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Mold Armor Deck Cleaner - SCORE! by CabinConnection @ 08/22/14 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: kodak_jackThe stuff Lowes normally sells goes on the end of a hose.Less messing around. The hose-end version applies diluted product, and the end result doesn't hold a candle to what I show. I've tried it. In fact, this deck
Handyman
Jump to new posts Re: Expansion joints on concrete driveway question by Clint_Robbins @ 08/22/14 08:27 PM

Tom, It appears to this retired civil engineer with extensive experience with very large on-grade concrete slabs that the author of the referenced article got his information from other articles by authors that didn't know much more than he did. Ou
Page 30 of 32 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 >

Experts | Email Us | Disclaimer | HandymanWire home
Articles | We welcome your feedback. | Privacy
http://www.handymanwire.com
Handyman Wire
your resource for advice on home improvement and repairs.
Copyright 2014, Handyman USA LLC.
All rights reserved.